Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visual Reference Guide 2: WWII US Military Pins

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamondback said:
Trivial note, Ms. Betty: Those look like CofE castles because they are! The Corps of Engineers was in its heyday during WWII.
Fun CofE note: every Corps Commandant since 1975 has worn the same exact set of castles, originally commissioned for MacArthur by his father, then given to his engineering chief in 1945, who in turn gifted then to the then-Commandant in 1975, who immediately made them property of the office.

Very cool and thanks for the info!

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

2 ea: WW2 Wolf Brown U.S. Collar Badge Pins NIP

2 ea: WW2 Wolf Brown U.S. Collar Badge Pins NIP

Item: 2 ea: World War 2 Wolf Brown U.S. Collar Badge Pins.*Dual pin back. Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown. Note missing pin back.
Original pins, not a reproduction. Original cardstock included as shown.
New, no makers marks visible on back of pin.
Era: WWII
Size: Approximately .5" x .75"

us1.JPG

us2.JPG

Vintage Betty

17 ea ORIGINAL WW2 Distinctive Insignia Enamel Pins

17 ea ORIGINAL WW2 Distinctive Insignia Enamel Pins

2 ea: World War 2 ORIGINAL Army Enlisted Collar (Hat?) Pins with Dual pin backs. Pins are lightly scratched and slightly worn as shown from improper storage.
4 ea: World War 2 ORIGINAL Marine Corps Reserve Enamel Pin with screw back, light blue. Appears to be brass with enamel overlay. Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown.
1 ea: World War 2 American Legion Medal Ribbon (Brown with multi-stripe).*Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown. Standard lapel back for the period. The finish is cloth over metal.
2 ea: World War 2 ORIGINAL WW2 Gemsco Honorable Discharge Pin NEW. Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown. Standard screw clasp back for the period. The finish appears to be enamel red dot and gold overlay on wings.
3 ea: World War 2 ORIGINAL US Naval Reserve Honorable Discharge Pin with screw back, white. Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown.
4 ea: World War 2 ORIGINAL US Navy Honorable Discharge Pin with screw back, red, white, blue. Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown. One pin back is damaged and in poor condition.
1 ea: label for Army Good Conduct Pin, no pin enclosed with this auction.

Alloy of pins ranges from pot metal to enamel overlay to cloth. See individual item description for more detail.
Original pins, not a reproduction. Slight scratching on pins due to improper storage, does not affect pins in a significant manner. Some finish appears to be slightly worn as shown, due to storage.
Cardstock: Pins are on original cardstock as shown.
New, Maker's marks are listed next to item description if visible on military pin
Size: Varies, Approximately .50" to 1"

pin_lot8.JPG

Vintage Betty

6 ea: ORIGINAL WW2 Rifle Pistol Sharpshooter Pins Silver

6 ea: ORIGINAL WW2 Rifle Pistol Sharpshooter Pins Silver

Item: 6 ea: World War 2 Warrant Officer Bars Pins. Alloys range from pot metal to Sterling Silver. Various pin backs. Pins are much more colorful and in better condition than shown.
Original pins, not a reproduction.
Various conditions. I believe these are all new, but some scratched against each other so they look a bit scuffed. Note bottom right pin is bent.
Size: Varies. Most are between 1"-2"

sharpshooter1.JPG

sharpshooter2.JPG

Vintage Betty

kampkatz said:
Betty,
Thanks for all the pics & descriptions. Just a minor correction: the winged propellor is AAF officers collar insignia.

Keep up the great job!

Thank you kampkatz! I appreciate the correction and kind words.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR