Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VLJ status

Thanks for the diligence Bill. Feeling the void for sure, but using the time to figure out the Facebook thing. Just this week a few new customers found me through it and I'm not even public yet.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'm so sorry Bill and hope you guys can reestablish the site. Some things are not fully appreciated until gone.

CBI

One Too Many
thanks so much Bill. take your time, no need to rush, better to get it right!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unfortunately all the posts on the Vintage Leather Jacket forum have been lost. However I understand there will be rebuild of the forum using an up to date platform.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very good point. You would have thought it could be recovered, but I have been told it has all been lost. Such a terrible shame.

John Lever

One Too Many
Bill and Nathan are working together to rebuild the forum. I don't know the exact details but it looks like everything is gone with no chance of recovery. I have no idea how this could happen but perhaps others with the knowledge will tell in time. This is the third time this has happened in the 15 years I have been a member so some of us have been here before. Perhaps there could be a back up system put into place to reduce the chance of a recurrence.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Goodness.
We will all just to rebuild it by posting and putting up info
A lesson learnt the hardway.
Does that also mean a complete registration of names etc ?

Alan
Bill and Nathan are working together to rebuild the forum. I don't know the exact details but it looks like everything is gone with no chance of recovery. I have no idea how this could happen but perhaps others with the knowledge will tell in time. This is the third time this has happened in the 15 years I have been a member so some of us have been here before. Perhaps there could be a back up system put into place to reduce the chance of a recurrence.
ness

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
That really is terrible news. Such a wealth of information and photos etc on that forum. I really hope that a way of recovering the information is found as having to start from scratch will never replace all that was there

CBI

One Too Many
Oh Well..........life will go on! Too bad about all of the posts and photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner