Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS Custom Beaver Mojave with Rust Ribbon

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Yet another VS I bought second hand...

You can see additional pictures on page 4 of the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread.

Specs:The color is Mojave. 2 5/8" brim, 5 3/4" crown. 1" ribbon, and it's a fantastic rust sort of color

CIMG0221.jpg

CIMG0218.jpg

CIMG0219.jpg

CIMG0779.jpg

CIMG0780.jpg

Hat size is 22 7/8 in. and head opening is 8 1/4 in. x 6 1/2 in. (No, I didn't copy-the measurements are the same as the Hoosier).

A thread or two has popped from the sewn in liner but a majority of the stitching is intact and the sweatband has the original owner's initials stamped in.

$185.00 gets you the hat, hatbox, sturdy shipping box, Priority shipping and insurance anywhere CONUS. This is a great deal so grab it now! <-- That I did copy lol ;)

I tend to put soft creases in my hats so both hats wouldn't be too hard to shape.

Thanks for looking...

Ande1964

Practically Family
Size

Did you mean for the circumference of this hat to read 22 7/8, like your other VS? You had going that this was my size until I looked at the other listing!

Anj

anon`

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
how white is it? in my monitor looks very white. And would it fit my 7 1/8 head?
22 7/8 is about what I wear, and is closer to 7 1/4 than 7 1/8. You could make it fit well enough with judicious application of folded newpapers, however.

Mojave looks very white from afar. It looks more like crème anglaise up close, or next to black or white. I'm wearing a Mojave hat in my current avatar, not that you can really see much detail.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
The hat is pretty white but it has a touch of tan or sand to it-the pictures are pretty accurate but the hat is not completely white.

As to the size, measure your head and take the measurements of a well fitting hat and compare.

The hat is basically a large 7 1/4 or a fraction below a 7 3/8. Honestly I think either hat size would be happy with the fit.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
M_Jones said:
The hat is pretty white but it has a touch of tan or sand to it-the pictures are pretty accurate but the hat is not completely white.

As to the size, measure your head and take the measurements of a well fitting hat and compare.

The hat is basically a large 7 1/4 or a fraction below a 7 3/8. Honestly I think either hat size would be happy with the fit.

I'm a spot on 22 inches in diameter. I guess it'd be a bit big. Thats sad. :(
Thanks for the info.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Aureliano said:
I'm a spot on 22 inches in diameter. I guess it'd be a bit big. Thats sad. :(
Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. The hat would be almost an inch too big so yes, I would say it would be a little large for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner