Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W. Alboum Vs. Stratton

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They're both extremely thick, stiff felt hats that, though durable, are like wearing helmets. I haven't handled a W Alboum sheriff hat but have handled one of their other hats and a Stratton sheriff hat and they had a similar feel to them.

JC Motors

New in Town
They're both extremely thick, stiff felt hats that, though durable, are like wearing helmets. I haven't handled a W Alboum sheriff hat but have handled one of their other hats and a Stratton sheriff hat and they had a similar feel to them.
I bought a vintage W. Alboum Sheriff hat on eBay and it is very thick and durable. I've bumped my head on the hatch of my car and I didn't feel a thing wearing that hat

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Stratton is very well established, and makes hats for hundreds of police and sheriff agencies. Don't know if they do the military contracts. Never heard of W. Alboum until your post. Looks pretty similar.
I have the Stratton straw and the felt. Excellent quality. The straw is stiff. Smokey the Bear stiff, park ranger type. The felt is very think and stiff like a pizza box. Really a durable hat, easy to keep looking nice.

Other than their uniform hats, the only reference to Alboum I've ever heard was back when they manufactured the Camptown brand hats, which is now apparently defunct, if not on a lengthy hiatus.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I hada Stratton straw, a former Border Patrol hat, which was very thick and hard. I was able to reblock (with a lot of steam and time) into a fedora . . . A great hat over-all. nice looking, and very durable. It was just a tad to tight, so I sold it off, but if I could find another iin my size, I would get one . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot