Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waffles, anyone?

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
RetroToday said:
Actually, I have not cooked a real waffle in my life... and I have only previously eaten the prepackaged frozen stuff.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't say that too loud, your UNIVERSAL may hear you! :eek:

I have never attemted to make a waffle in any kind of iron before... Yesterday was a learning experiance... but, I got one good waffle out of two that preceeded the last. The only mix I had was an all whole grain natural pancake mix I picked up at Trader Joes... lol probably not the best choice... great for pancakes but not for waffles *yucky*

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Forgotten Man said:
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't say that too loud, your UNIVERSAL may hear you! :eek:

I have never attemted to make a waffle in any kind of iron before... Yesterday was a learning experiance... but, I got one good waffle out of two that preceeded the last. The only mix I had was an all whole grain natural pancake mix I picked up at Trader Joes... lol probably not the best choice... great for pancakes but not for waffles *yucky*

Get some Bisquick. Best Waffles Ever.

Well, some 8 years after the move we are still hoping my mom's old twin waffle maker will show up. My brother put all of mom's stuff from the moving van in his garage so the box it is in is tucked away in the back someplace. It was one with the seperate cloth covered cord, and made great waffles. I bought one a modern Belgian style some time ago just so we could have waffles. I just made some Monday!

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Get some Bisquick. Best Waffles Ever.

What's next, dogs and cats living together? Pancakes and waffles do not come from a box. Get out a copy of the Joy of Cooking and use that waffle recipe. The recipe calls for a sliding scale of butter depending upon rich you want the waffles. For everyday waffles go with less butter. If you want to impress people, max out the butter. You will need to take blood thinner medicine later, but man they are good.

I found a couple of rectangular GE waffle irons from the 1960's or 1970's at a Goodwill and they are my favorite irons to use as I've tried several. I also have a round cast iron waffle iron for use over a camp stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner