Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Rufus

Practically Family
Cheers Spitfire,

I too love to meet you all!

I've had the good fortune to meet a few FLers at dinner in London last year, Edward lives down the road, and is a gent, and the beautiful Fleur, who's great craic.

Mentioning the elusive Alan Eardley does make me hope he is well and happy.. to long since he posted, and such a lovely man and wealth of information.

:) Ruf

Dan'l

Practically Family
Here's a thread I'd not yet come across. Thanks for bringing it back to "what's new" Scotrace.

I would like to meet any number of you. Like minded people need to keep in touch.
A few that stand out from conversation in the threads or pm are; Black Dahlia, JamesPowers, Rue, AtomicEraTom, and then there's the mysterious Tomasso.
Also, any loungers around Indiana...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've been blessed to have met quite a few Floungers on both sides of the pond (I 'really' feel that) and it has 'always' been the most amazing experience.
Members have taken me into their homes and treated me like family. Others have shown me the places in their neighbourhoods that 'only' a local would know.
Gatherings have been held ('Gatherings Chaps - not lynchings!' ) just because this 'wee Irish fella' was in town.
I generally feel very priviledged and honoured actually to have been able (healthwise and financially) to travel to meet many of you, as I appreciate that not everyone can travel for various reasons.

But 'believe me' when I say that you're a very 'special' and quite unique bunch of people, whether you realise it or not :)

And 'once again' (I 'know' I harp on about this...) thank YOU for helping make and maintaining this rather unique little corner of the WWW the oasis of civility and homage to the Golden Era that it is.

WELL DONE 'you lot!!' :)

PADDY.

Last edited:

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I'd love to meet Locktowndog, martinsantos, scotrace, Lillemor, Chad Sanborn and of course Rue. I have a feeling she'd know ALL about what goes on here! lol

Last edited:

rue

Here's a thread I'd not yet come across. Thanks for bringing it back to "what's new" Scotrace.

I would like to meet any number of you. Like minded people need to keep in touch.
A few that stand out from conversation in the threads or pm are; Black Dahlia, JamesPowers, Rue, AtomicEraTom, and then there's the mysterious Tomasso.
Also, any loungers around Indiana...

I'd love to meet Locktowndog, martinsantos, scotrace, Lillemor, Chad Sanborn and of course Rue. I have a feeling she'd know ALL about what goes on here! lol

Awww..... you guys :eek:

Of course both of you.... and I'm going to think on this.... it's quite a list ;)

Oh and I don't know a thing about anything ;)

rue

I'd like to meet everyone, but in particular, Lincsong, Skeet McD, James Powers, Dan'l, NW Trojan, Black Dahlia, Berlin, and Kools, just to name a few.
:eeek:

Okay...... I think I have it (I know I forgot someone), so in no particular order and I might add to it:

AtomicEraTom :)p), James Powers, Lincsong (I think :p), Dan'l, Geiamama, NW Trojan, Black Dahlia, Danny O, Old Rogue, roadierfl, Berlin, Big Man, Paddy, Widebrim, Edward, Tiller, Harp, MartinSantos, Feraud, John in Covina, Wally_Hood, Diamondback, Fletch, Lizziemaine, Lady Day, Tatum, Tomasso, Scottyrocks, The Good, MikeBravo, Yeps, 1961MJS, fluteplayer07, Mario, Ohairas, LinaSofia, Amy Jeanne, LolitaHaze, Sheeplady, Bopeep, Drappa, Romy Overdrop, SheBear74, MissTuppence, Miss Sofia, I Adore Film Noir, Miss Golightly and last but not definitely not least Scotrace :)

And even though I got here after they stopped posting: MK and Marc Chevalier

Wait.... was there a limit? ;)

Last edited:

Dan'l

Practically Family
Five was the original number Rue :D
Tom, you had that coming from Rue ;)

I would add Widebrim, sorry Lee, as I have purchased a number of his ties, and continue to do so.
Really, this list could just continue to grow... Rodkins, Berlin, John in Covina...

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Rue I am so honored that I'm in your want to meet list!
I'd like to meet you too :D I always want to meet new people who share the same interests.
I think Berlin is the one who I most likely get to meet for real since we both live in the Netherlands.
Maybe at the D-day at the Cruise-inn? Or at rock 'n roll Hoorn?...who knows!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I hope there is no offense taken by someone here, but as I'm quite shy in reality, I would be pretty skeptical of purposefully arranging a meeting to see someone I met on the internet. Granted, I'm very cautious, and maybe even paranoid. I think there's lots of cool members here, there really are, but it would feel awkward for me to meet somebody I saw posting on a forum.

p71towny

Familiar Face
Haven't been around long enough to know really, but y'all seem like some nice folks. I've met up with people on the other forum board I'm a member of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana