Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retrogirl1941 said:
... So anybody wanna meet me? I feel so lonley......Oh well.

Samantha

I would like to meet you. You appear to be such a nice young lady, and you do have that dress that reminds me of the one my grandmother used to wear. :)

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Big Man said:
I would like to meet you. You appear to be such a nice young lady, and you do have that dress that reminds me of the one my grandmother used to wear. :)

Why thank you! Now I feel loved......I will have to post more picturs of me from day to day in my awesome house dresses. Its amazing that even when wearing a dress that in many cases would never have left the house(in the time frame it came from); when worn today with a nice wide brimmed straw hat and wedges looks better then jeans and a teeshirt!Go figure!:D

Samantha

pgoat

One Too Many
DB - sounds good to me!

I was actually in a situation a few years ago (actually not me but a family member - close enough) where personal protection became an issue for the first time in my life. Makes one think......

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
This is a toughie. I hate to make anything seem like a popularity contest, but here goes:

1. Leatte - She lives less than an hour from me, we both share similar vintage obessions and we've never met!
2. Quigley - If you're as fun as your photos, then you're a fine gent indeed.
3. Locktowndog - Because he always has a kind word to say.
4. Spitfire - A kind, classy soul all the way, with a lovely family.
5. Edward - What can I say? I have a weak spot for eccentric, cat loving, Rocky Horror performing gents (I even married one!)

Can I add all the pets in the Show us Your Pets list? :)

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Only 5 -- too hard!

But here it goes:

1. Lauren
2. ShortClara
3. Kamikat
4. Gluegungeisha
5. DaisyBuchanan

I spend most of my time in the Powder Room, if you can't tell :D
There are so many more I'd love to meet (especially my fellow Ohioans), but I figure this is a good starting place!

BegintheBeguine

About retrogirl1941

Big Man said:
When Fu Manchu the pug and I were welcomed into retrogirl1941's darling apartment two weeks ago it felt as if it really was 1941. She was wearing an adorable dress she'd made and a very becoming snood, and is even more beautiful a girl in person than in photographs, and that's saying a lot! The kitchen made me so envious, and the tablecloth looked vintage but she'd just made it! The time went by too quickly, but I left with several boxes of sewing patrons, mwah-ha-ha! Even though the Florida get-together didn't happen while I was there, I got to meet a genuinely sweet Lounger, Samantha. :D
Ashley

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
To start with :
RedShoesGirl
Senator Jack
Burma Shave
airfrogusmc
Mike in Seattle

I've only met one Lounger in person. I live with her once in awhile.
Pugs rule!

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
Honestly I can't really think of one person that I wouldn't want to meet from the Lounge! To narrow it down is really tough- everyone has something to bring to the table. Some have humor, some have trivia and information, some are great listeners. The only thing that really narrows it down for me is distance/location. If there is anyone near NE Ohio that ever wants to get together just shoot me a pm and I'll be there! lol

D Day landing in Conneaut at the end of this summer??

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
When Fu Manchu the pug and I were welcomed into retrogirl1941's darling apartment two weeks ago it felt as if it really was 1941. She was wearing an adorable dress she'd made and a very becoming snood, and is even more beautiful a girl in person than in photographs, and that's saying a lot! The kitchen made me so envious, and the tablecloth looked vintage but she'd just made it! The time went by too quickly, but I left with several boxes of sewing patrons, mwah-ha-ha! Even though the Florida get-together didn't happen while I was there, I got to meet a genuinely sweet Lounger, Samantha. :D
Ashley

Thank you Ashley! You actaully made me smile(and todays thats hard to do, really really bad day:( )I was so lucky to be able to finally meet you in person after reading your posts and such.

Samantha

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Scuffy said:
If there is anyone near NE Ohio that ever wants to get together just shoot me a pm and I'll be there! lol
D Day landing in Conneaut at the end of this summer??

Can you put that in the Events thread? I'll mark my calendar for sure!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I would also like to meet

MissS - we seem to be on the same wavelenght and she is such a doll, but I guess I would be über jealous of her perfect figure and hide myself in a potatosack!
BonnieJean - the gal with the perfect hair, she is so sweet and always has helpfull replies.
PigeonToe - so I can spot her perfect pageboy! besides she is so adorable!
Slim Portly - he promised me a foxtrot and is such a gentleman.
Diamondback - so I can get my facts straight regarding turbocharged or supercharged engines and to figure out if danish pastries tastes the same outside Denmark!

But I hope I wouldn't have to stop at five people!

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
I would also like to meet

MissS - we seem to be on the same wavelenght and she is such a doll, but I guess I would be über jealous of her perfect figure and hide myself in a potatosack!

As would I oh stylish one! Huh! Like you wouldn't look fantastic in a potato sack!

I was hoping to make it over for Midsummer this year, but not to be - we'll pencil it in for next summer!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Long as you're cool with a sawed-off short dude with bulky equipment stuffed into his uniform-jacket, and confining the stepping-on to his left foot only, and with having to give a crash-course in "how to dance" first, I'm game, dear lady...;)

So many lovely ladies whose company to enjoy, so many guys whose brains to pick... can I just say, "Almost ALL" and make up the difference with time on the rack*?

*As in, Spanish Inquisition style--get your mind outta that gutter! Yes, I mean you, Kilroy, Retrogirl et al... :p lol

I knew what you meant! Kilroy is worse than me!:D I'm an angel by comparison!lol

Samantha

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Besides Short Clara I'd like to meet
Mrs.1929 because I really want to hear her sing.
Vintage Betty I envy her hat knowledge
ohaira's cause she's pretty awesome.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
retrogirl1941 said:
Well, I can't exlain why MNC but I just wanna meet you! So anybody wanna meet me? I feel so lonley......Oh well.

Samantha

I can't explain why you want to meet me, either. Must be that behind-the-scenes wall-flower, geek-with-a-camera, uses-hyphens-a-lot thing I have going. If that's the case, then I want to meet you, too. :D

Lee

Off to Nerdy, Nerdy land.

Vintage Betty

deadpandiva said:
Besides Short Clara I'd like to meet
Mrs.1929 because I really want to hear her sing.
Vintage Betty I envy her hat knowledge
ohaira's cause she's pretty awesome.

Aw...thank you deadpandiva! I'd like to meet you too! We hat wearing ladies need to meet up for tea, hat discussions and gossip! ;)

Vintage Betty

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to meet Vintage Betty to talk about her research process, and to thank her in person for the Vintage liquor bottle and fish pin! :)

Lee

Much obliged, Ma'am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24