Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want to Trade my Knox Challenger for your hat?

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
I have a wide face. That makes smaller brims problematic for me. Not having a fedora hat store within 600 miles, I found this out by my self-education on ebay. I just bought hats of different dimensions, now its time to move them on.

This 50-60's Knox Challenger has a lovely grey felt with redish undertones, an overwelt, a long oval shape in 7 3/8 (and it fits my 23" head), and everything else I like except that the brim is 2 1/8". Looks like I'm wearing a coconut.

The hat came in a deep center dent. I cleaned it up and wet folded it into this shallow teardrop with a wide pinch. Wet, the felt is like modeling clay!

Rather than just toss it in the bay, I'd rather just trade with someone on FL that has a vintage 7 3/8" (or 59 cm) with a 2 1/2" brim in grey, brown, or any other color but red or purple.

If you think yours is worth more than mine, hey we can talk. I'd rather have a hat than money, but if you just wanna buy, macon offer.

Felt is in great shape, no moth bites, and one small divot in the welt area. The original sweat is starting to crack, but has not cracked through. I am posting thumbnails. You can go to the share link to see all shots in full size. I did color correct so its close.

101_1618.JPG
101_1619.JPG

101_1620.JPG
101_1621.JPG

101_1622.JPG
101_1626.JPG

You can talk here, PM, or just email me. merrill2guice>net. That's @ and . respectively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo