Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED 28"+ Back Length Cafe Style Leather Jacket (Size 42)

BisonT4R

New in Town
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a lighter weight non-half belt, non-black leather jacket that's at least 28"+ in back length AND that's a size 42. Brands I'm eyeing include: Rainbow Country, Thedi, and Aero, but would consider others that are of quality. HH is preferred.

Thanks!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a lighter weight non-half belt, non-black leather jacket that's at least 28"+ in back length AND that's a size 42. Brands I'm eyeing include: Rainbow Country, Thedi, and Aero, but would consider others that are of quality. HH is preferred.

Thanks!
So you're looking for a brown carcoat? :)

BisonT4R

New in Town
I wish I wanted a brown car coat. I’m about to order a custom cafe racer style jacket because every decent company pretends that 6’3+ lean guys don’t exist. Not sure WTH I’m supposed to do with a boxy jacket that’s 23.5” long.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I wish I wanted a brown car coat. I’m about to order a custom cafe racer style jacket because every decent company pretends that 6’3+ lean guys don’t exist. Not sure WTH I’m supposed to do with a boxy jacket that’s 23.5” long.
Ah, makes sense now knowing your length. I think there'll be no other option than going MTM. Which means rainbow country is no option. Thedi and Aero come in mind. Personally I have a preference for Thedi since they won't just add length to the body keeping everything else the same but instead they'll make a custom pattern making sure everything is in proportion.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Here you go. I’m 6‘1” and the standard Vanson Comet works perfectly on me. Thurston has a special run called the PLU-3, linked there, which is three inches longer. That should cover you.

It’s an extremely trim jacket but I have an excellent range of movement in it. N.b. if you’re a 42, you might need to get it in a 44, but Carrie would be able to advise more specifically. I mention this because I’m a 40 but my Comet is 42 and is a nice snug fit.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I know a guy who’ll make you one, but he’ll be chastised for shipping a jacket thats too long for that style lol

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Finecreek Alonza Deerskin

https://jelado.com/products/fine-creek-co-alonzo-acjk035

You'd need a 44. Finecreek construction is top notch. They add length to all their jackets and while this works against most people it actually works in your case. The deerskin is from the famed Fujioka tannery, thick and grainy, same stuff other premium Japanese brands uses.

Best to try one in their US retailer like Self Edge, they probably only have the horsehide one but size should be the same. And try to get a deerskin one from Japan. It should tick all your boxes. I was waiting for my Rakuten discount code and one slipped right underneath my fingers... Eventually I'll find one. Patience is key.

Image2.jpg

The measurements from Western stores are a bit wacky. I'm quite certain the 44 Alonzo has 26" sleeves and is 27" back length. Sleeves still might be a bit too short for you that's why try out in store.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finecreek Alonza Deerskin

https://jelado.com/products/fine-creek-co-alonzo-acjk035

You'd need a 44. Finecreek construction is top notch. They add length to all their jackets and while this works against most people it actually works in your case. The deerskin is from the famed Fujioka tannery, thick and grainy, same stuff other premium Japanese brands uses.

Best to try one in their US retailer like Self Edge, they probably only have the horsehide one but size should be the same. And try to get a deerskin one from Japan. It should tick all your boxes. I was waiting for my Rakuten discount code and one slipped right underneath my fingers... Eventually I'll find one. Patience is key.

View attachment 511779

The measurements from Western stores are a bit wacky. I'm quite certain the 44 Alonzo has 26" sleeves and is 27" back length. Sleeves still might be a bit too short for you that's why try out in store.

This would be a bad idea. The jacket has a long body but short, baggy sleeves. He'd be paying a premium for something that fits poorly.

EDIT: Probably the best way to explain it is this. The FCL jackets (I’ve tried them) are long jackets for short guys. They don’t double as jackets for a tall guy.

It is analogous to how 80s/90s (and now 2020s) fashion favored oversized shoulders. If you actually have broad shoulders, these won’t fit right, because they’re designed to drop.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hi All,

Thanks!
Aero Board Racer sounds like a great possibility, ideally do a fit jacket through Thurston's - it is worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany