Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: 40's fedora Size 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hello everyone,

Ive been looking for a 30's, 40's, or early 50's fedora size 7 in any shade of gray or tan. I'm looking for a 2 1/8 inch brim (overwelt, underwelt, cavanaugh, but mostly a bound edge), crown size doesnt matter, and a 2 inch or 2 1/8 inch ribbon. If any of you loungers out there have one for sale, please let me know. I'm looking to spend between 50-100 bucks. Thanks everyone.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Josh, have a vintage grey Borsalino still rolled up in its original cardboard triangular box. Bought for my son (he's almost 14yo), but the brim is still far too large for him at this age. Will dig up a pic to post when able and let you know further. Bought it on evilBay several months back. Never creased, never worn- in perfect condition.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Josh, have a vintage grey Borsalino still rolled up in its original cardboard triangular box. Bought for my son (he's almost 14yo), but the brim is still far too large for him at this age. Will dig up a pic to post when able and let you know further. Bought it on evilBay several months back. Never creased, never worn- in perfect condition.

Thanks chanteuseCarey, I appreciate it. I cant wait to see some pics!!! :)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Hard to find hats of the 40's and 50's(maybe tail end) with a 2-1/8" brim while they would be common in the 60's-70's. RMR(http://www.rmr-hats.com/Shop-Vintage-Hats-6-0.html) has a large selection of super hats Barbisios/Borsalinos/Panizza/Hückel from the 70's in new condition most gray or tan and about that brim dimension. I do have a 2-1/8" brown Borsalino in a small 5 probably 1960-ish.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Hard to find hats of the 40's and 50's(maybe tail end) with a 2-1/8" brim while they would be common in the 60's-70's. RMR(http://www.rmr-hats.com/Shop-Vintage-Hats-6-0.html) has a large selection of super hats Barbisios/Borsalinos/Panizza/Hückel from the 70's in new condition most gray or tan and about that brim dimension. I do have a 2-1/8" brown Borsalino in a small 5 probably 1960-ish.

Thanks for the link rlk!! I guess I would settle for a 2 1/4 inch brim or at the largest 2 3/8. My 2 1/2 inch brimmed hat at home is just way too big for my face. Its funny how such small changes in the measure of a brim can change the look of a hat so much. More than anything, I'm looking for a "whippet" style hat from really any manufacture. I refuse to pay the outrageous prices for a real Stetson Whippet, when I know damn well that other golden age manufactures made hats that look identical in comparable or better quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo