Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: 7 1/4 Stetson Open Road

theinterchange

One Too Many
I've recently got this bee under my bonnet... I want a Stetson Open Road. [nothing too modern] Color wise, I'd prefer something in the brown family or Silverbelly.

My size is 7 1/4 but I know how sizing on hats can go, so the size label isn't important, just that it fits like a 1/4.

Not wanting to break the bank with this purchase, obviously. BUT am not wanting something for nothing, either.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

P.S I'd consider a clone like one of the Resistols, too.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
We're not allowed to post links to active auctions...so I won't...but I just counted four very nice Open Roads for sale on ebay, all in size 7 1/4. I just entered "Open Road 7 1/4" in the search bar and they all four popped up.

AF

theinterchange

One Too Many
Atticus Finch said:
We're not allowed to post links to active auctions...so I won't...but I just counted four very nice Open Roads for sale on ebay, all in size 7 1/4. I just entered "Open Road 7 1/4" in the search bar and they all four popped up.

AF

Thanks, I've actually been considering one of them. But wanted to see if I came across something more enticing here. I may pull the trigger in a bit.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Thanks, Lefty.

The first one's in excellent shape and I somehow missed it on all of my searches. [huh]

The second while oldest is plagued with the vintage hat problem... too small! :eusa_doh:

The third is one one I've been considering. It's a bit dirty and the ribbon/binding is meh but I sort of like the hat itself.

But, I'm also eyeing a nice Resistol clone that goes off tomorrow. [and I'd wager it's owned by a Lounger]

Randy

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Atticus Finch said:
We're not allowed to post links to active auctions...

Yes, we are. In fact it is now encouraged. The policy changed a few months back.

Also, the interchange, could you please restore the original thread title? Glad you had success! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner