Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted Aero Longshoreman / Thunderbay with Shearling Lining

SimonR

One of the Regulars
Afternoon

Looking for a shearling lined Aero Longshoreman or Thunderbay to fit chest 44" .... ideally UK / Europe based but I do have a USA shipping address

Thanks

Simon

lopo

One of the Regulars
Afternoon

Looking for a shearling lined Aero Longshoreman or Thunderbay to fit chest 44" .... ideally UK / Europe based but I do have a USA shipping address

Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon,
I can offer an Aero Longshoreman in brown CXFQHH in size 44R. Shearling lined, Mouton collar, additional thin thinsulate lining in the sleeves between leather and cord liner (not bulky), 2 pockets inside.
The jacket has hardly been worn. If you are interested in more pics and measurements, I need 1-2 days. Werner
LONGSHORE:K.jpg

51:LONGSHORE:K.jpg

SimonR

One of the Regulars
Hi Simon,
I can offer an Aero Longshoreman in brown CXFQHH in size 44R. Shearling lined, Mouton collar, additional thin thinsulate lining in the sleeves between leather and cord liner (not bulky), 2 pockets inside.
The jacket has hardly been worn. If you are interested in more pics and measurements, I need 1-2 days. Werner
Hi Werner

Yes I'm interested so some measurements when you get chance would be excellent !!

Cheers

Simon

lopo

One of the Regulars
Hi Werner

Yes I'm interested so some measurements when you get chance would be excellent !!

Cheers

Simon
Hi Simon,
measurements taken laying flat in inches:
pit 26,77", shoulder 21,65", sleeve 25,59", back 25,59", top/bottom 27,17", zipper 21,65", collar seam/shoulder 7,87", waist buckles closed 22,83", buckles open 24,80". Weight of the jacket ca. 3,5 kg.
Info: the liner in the sleeves is not cord but cotton drill.
price € 460 Paypal F&F + shipping costs.
2 pics from today:
10:LONGSHORE:K.jpg

7:LONGSHORE:K.jpg

SimonR

One of the Regulars
Thanks for taking the time Werner ....

I think that it will be too big TBH - a 53" chest even taking account of the shearling would swamp me :)

I'm sure it would be a great buy for someone on here as the price seems right

Again thanks for the pictures and measurements

Simon

lopo

One of the Regulars
Thanks for taking the time Werner ....

I think that it will be too big TBH - a 53" chest even taking account of the shearling would swamp me :)

I'm sure it would be a great buy for someone on here as the price seems right

Again thanks for the pictures and measurements

Simon
Good Morning Simon,
thanks for your answer. Indeed Aero Shearling lined leather jackets are very big. This one is an size 44. To make an 44 shearling lined jacket Aero takes an 46 shell + shearling inside = sz 44.
Regards Werner

Schambach

Practically Family
Good Morning Simon,
thanks for your answer. Indeed Aero Shearling lined leather jackets are very big. This one is an size 44. To make an 44 shearling lined jacket Aero takes an 46 shell + shearling inside = sz 44.
Regards Werner
How is the fit for you Werner? What sizes do you normally wear? It would make sense to have a warm jacket like this a bit larger to accommodate other winter layers underneath.

I'd love to try something like this for upstate NY winters.

Thanks,

Eric

Claybertrand

One Too Many
How is the fit for you Werner? What sizes do you normally wear? It would make sense to have a warm jacket like this a bit larger to accommodate other winter layers underneath.

Thanks,

Eric
Hey Eric,

I have a black Longshoreman minus the mouton collar. Shearling lined. Tagged 44.......it seems to measure out a bit under what this one from Lopo has. I can do a little better price wise as well and shipping would be less too as we are both domestic. The only light wear anywhere on the jacket is to the very edge of the waist area nylon/satin liner. The Horsehide is perfect. Still stiff and sturdy with no wear at all. Solid black.

I have never worn it. I bought it a few years back when I was planning to move to much colder climate. Alas, I did not move and still live in Southern California where this jacket could not be more useless. I am the second owner.

These are billed by Aero as the warmest jackets they make. Some quick pics attached. I can get you measurement pictures and more info when I get home if interested.

Attachments

• 2Front View Indoors.jpg
    2Front View Indoors.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 4Standing Up.JPG
    4Standing Up.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 26Spread Open Indoors.jpg
    26Spread Open Indoors.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 63

lopo

One of the Regulars

Thanks,

Eric
Hi Eric,
I'm 1,82 cm tall and weigh 85 kg. I normally wear a 44 for Aero jackets but according to my taste, this sz 44 Longshoreman is a bit too big for me, especially in the shoulder width. But with a sweater underneath it fits again.
Werner

Schambach

Practically Family
Hi Eric,
I'm 1,82 cm tall and weigh 85 kg. I normally wear a 44 for Aero jackets but according to my taste, this sz 44 Longshoreman is a bit too big for me, especially in the shoulder width. But with a sweater underneath it fits again.
Werner
Hi Werner,

Thank you for the information. I think it might be a bit large for me as well, though I'm a little taller and heavier, so it still might work.

I'm not a huge fan of the cargo pockets on the front, but I do love the utility of the shearling lining, thinsulate, and mouton collar. I'm thinking I might be better served by a wool or shearling lined highwayman, or even a lost worlds suburban. Your shearling lined suburban is amazing, if you ever decide to part with that please let me know. I'm going to hunt around a bit.

Cheers,

Eric

Schambach

Practically Family
Hey Eric,

I have a black Longshoreman minus the mouton collar. Shearling lined. Tagged 44.......it seems to measure out a bit under what this one from Lopo has. I can do a little better price wise as well and shipping would be less too as we are both domestic. The only light wear anywhere on the jacket is to the very edge of the waist area nylon/satin liner. The Horsehide is perfect. Still stiff and sturdy with no wear at all. Solid black.

I have never worn it. I bought it a few years back when I was planning to move to much colder climate. Alas, I did not move and still live in Southern California where this jacket could not be more useless. I am the second owner.

These are billed by Aero as the warmest jackets they make. Some quick pics attached. I can get you measurement pictures and more info when I get home if interested.
Hi Claybertrand,

Thanks for the offer! Yours might actually fit me a bit better than Lopos. I'll give it some thought. As I mentioned to him, I'm not so into the front pockets, but otherwise these look like amazing pieces. I can totally understand how it didn't get much mileage in LA. Upstate NY is another story though!

Now that I've managed to convince myself that I need another jacket for colder weather(haha) I'm going to look around a bit for other insulated options. I should probably sell a couple jackets as well, so if you have any interest in trades that might be an option as well.

Don't worry about measurements and more photos for now, but I'll definitely keep both these jackets in mind.

Cheers,

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff