Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Brown Fedora 7 1/2 or 7 5/8

Macheath

One of the Regulars
I'm looking for a medium to dark brown fedora to round out my small collection.

I'd like to spend less than $90, so I thought I'd take it here on the chance that someone is willing to part with a brown hat that is no longer making their regular rotation.

Specs:
-Medium height crown, no more than 5 inches bashed
-2-2.5 inch brim
-I'd prefer something with a slight taper to the sides, but of course, if you have any that meet the above criteria, I would most certainly consider them.
-7 1/2 to 7 5/8-- must be a true or slightly larger 7 1/2, since I'm between these sizes.

Send me a PM with details.

Many thanks for looking!

Macheath

One of the Regulars
One last bump

...before I take the plunge and buy a new one.

A new Akubra wouldn't be much more, but it seems a shame to commision a new hat when there are good, unwanted, used brown hats out there in need of a new home [head].

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Macheath . . . you should really check out ebay . . . I've found a big selection of hats that have been selling from $17 - $80 and some in very good condition. Of course the less expensive ones need a good cleaning and blocking, but I managed to pick up two vintage hats for $20 each shipped and they are pretty nice hats.

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the tip Cigarman. Thing of it is, eBay has very few vintage hats in 7 5/8, and most of them are just unappealing stingies. The nicer, rarer models easily go for 100+ dollars, and I haven't found any that I like enough. For that much money, I could just get another akubra, and it would be a sure thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80