Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Fedora 7 3/8 Any Brand

Westinghaus

New in Town
I'm looking for a nice fedora in a size 7 3/8, any brand would do but I'd like one preferably pre-1960s. I'm also looking for old tobacco pipes. Thank you.

ideaguy

One Too Many
what kind of fedora are you looking for? lightweight, thicker, thin brim or wide, high crown or low,
how about a general description- like "Stetson Open Road type"...gotta give us something to work
with, I do believe there might be just a few 7 3/8's out there...

Westinghaus

New in Town
My grandfather has a Borsalino fedora that I've always loved, it's from the 30s I believe. But my problem is that I cannot afford a Borsalino, in fact my budget is hardly over $100 and preferably under. Which makes it harder to find a good hat that isn't one of the millions of trilbies flooding the market. So what I'm looking for is a hat that is about like that Bantam crown and brim-wise. But I don't want to low-ball Purplesage on his quality Stetson, so a hat that is not as collectible as a brand or whose condition is lower would be fine. And on the tobacco pipe I just bought one across the street from my neighbor who deals in militaria. I really appreciate all of y'all's help and I'm glad to have joined the forum.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
How about this '40s / '50s Lee in 7 3/8 with a Cavanagh edge? If you're interested I can take more pictures with better light.
2014-07-17215908_zpsd0417c16.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You and I share the same head size. If you haven't found anything yet, I might be able to help. I'm about to enter graduate school so every little bit of cash helps, and I don't think I'll have the opportunity to wear my nicer hats while I'm working in a laboratory. I've got a dark brown fedora with whipstitching on the brim that I could part with for within your price range. I don't remember the make (I think it's a vintage Crofut & Knapp), so you'll have to give me until tonight to give you the specifics of the hat. Let me know if you're interested. Until then, here's a couple of pics:

9475805662_f9e0ce52b0.jpg
9475805668_ddb32120fd.jpg

9473015919_81b796e1ee.jpg

Last edited:

philby

New in Town
hello neo, im interested by your hat. can you show me some pic of the inside. excuse im from quebec, canada and im not totally bilingual.
here i dont have the opportunity to speak in english but im sure you can understand me. what is the price for this beautiful hat. my size is
7 3/8 same as you. let me know and maybe you can deliver here in quebec.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Some pictures as promised:
2014-07-20215740_zps8eb1efdb.jpg

2014-07-20215752_zps3e01a45e.jpg

2014-07-20215805_zps5248f010.jpg

2014-07-20215821_zps03737a04.jpg

Brim is 2 1/2", crown 5 1/2" (when open) and ribbon just over 1 1/2". Colour in the photos is quite accurate. No stains, holes or obvious issues but some wear is apparent (it lacks the "crispness" of a brand new hat).

Just so you are aware, there is another Fedora Lounger who has shown an interest in this hat. In the interest of fairness I will sell to whoever makes a firm committment to buy it first.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk