Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED: open road or similar beater 7 5/8 - 7 3/4

roadtripster

New in Town
good day, new member here. also new to the hat world.
i want to get a feeling about hats and i'd love to find a light colored (silverbelly, beige etc) "open road" or "stratoliner". feel free to recommend/offer any similar styles.
worn, stains an/or not pretty anymore? please offer away.
thanks a lot,
andreas

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
good day, new member here. also new to the hat world.
i want to get a feeling about hats and i'd love to find a light colored (silverbelly, beige etc) "open road" or "stratoliner". feel free to recommend/offer any similar styles.
worn, stains an/or not pretty anymore? please offer away.
thanks a lot,
andreas

Akubra Campdraft. The Oz $ is taking a whoopin' to the US greenback $ right now & A CD from AE is $90 US + shipping.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
hi,

i thought i might get something for around $100?

so that akubra campdraft is a good beginners hat? there is a 3 month wait for the silver belly.

thanks

There are quite a few threads on TFL about the Camp Draft...but, yes, it is a very good hat for anybody, regardless of how much hat wearing experience he has. I think it is safe to say that most guys here who are Open Road fans are also Camp Draft fans. In a nut shell, the Camp Draft is Akubra's version of the OR. Its roots go back to the time when Akubra made Open Roads for Stetson. Unlike the OR, it comes with an open crown so you can block it as you wish. And it is as tough as nails…you can wear it in any kind of weather without worry. IMO, at 90 USD it would be difficult to find a vintage OR that would be a better daily wearer.

AF

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I have two campdrafts and love them. It was my first major hat purchase here and I also ordered one of the Fedora Lounge Green Special Edition CD's last year which I love. I'm wearing a Stratoliner (early lightweight model with no liner) in my Avatar.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I think you chose well. Here's two of my CDs, the one on the left sill in open crown. Optimo later blocked it with a cattleman's crease.

Picture074.jpg

Picture088.jpg

AF

roadtripster

New in Town
Good evening,

(better late than never) I wanted to report on my Akubra Campdraft.
Unfortunately the hat arrived a bit later than I expected. I was already on my road trip when the hat arrived so the hat went back to Australia where it sat for another 3 month.
Attached see a selfie taken on the Grand Mesa in Colorado.
Now, I do like the hat a lot - but I had a change of heart and would much prefer to own the hat in a darker color.
Would anyone be interested in a trade? My silver belly versus something darker like taupe or brown.
Mine is a size 61. I wore the hat only a handful of times so he is in great shape without any stains.
I'd take any similar hat, even if that one would show some wear. I will wear mine mostly outdoors and not in the city.

Thank you Sirs

12046866_10205567102082527_5794637239873459988_n.jpg

makitright

One of the Regulars
I have a Stetson Temple vintage (ish) 1990's I'm guessing - in mink color, which is their chocolate brown felt. The hat is never worn. Size 7 3/4 so you may need to put some spacers behind the sweatband.

I am a 62 in Akruba's - so I am taking a bit of a chance. Is your hat a generous 61?

Anyway PM me if you are interested.

roadtripster

New in Town
I have a Stetson Temple vintage (ish) 1990's I'm guessing - in mink color, which is their chocolate brown felt. The hat is never worn. Size 7 3/4 so you may need to put some spacers behind the sweatband.

I am a 62 in Akruba's - so I am taking a bit of a chance. Is your hat a generous 61?

Anyway PM me if you are interested.

Thank you for your reply. That is a good proposal but looking at the Stetson Temple, although very similar, I find it a bit to elegant for me. Thanks again.

rogerstg

A-List Customer
If you don't find success in a trade, you might consider getting another hat. Light colors are comfortable longer when the weather gets warm, while darks feel warmer in cold weather; at least for me.

Roger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo