Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Stetson OR 7 1/2

Inusuit

A-List Customer
I'm looking for a Stetson Open Road in size 7 1/2. Long Oval preferred, but the standard size will work. This will be a working hat, not a dress hat, so condition isn't all that important. PM me with what you have. I'm keeping up with Ebay listings and the classifieds here. Thanks.

Inusuit

Tried to PM but said not allowed...

What are you looking to spend?
I have a Silver Belly Campdraft on order & when it comes in, I am thinking of selling this 3x Stetson 7 1/2. I am a long oval & use a hat jack to get the right fit from the round 7 1/2. It does not say Open Road on the sweatband & does not have a wind string. It does have a few moth spots. I use it as a rain hat.
OR1.jpg

OR2.jpg

OR3.jpg

OR4.jpg

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Thanks for the response

GTDean48:

I don't know why I can't send or receive PMs at the Lounge. Could be that I'm new and have only 11 posts. I sent an e-mail to MK. In the meantime, I am interested in your hat. As you note, it is probably not an Open Road, but the style is similar. I'm also new to the nuances of Stetson models/types. From what I've seen, Open Road liners have the Stetson Logo in some form while other "Cowboy" type hats have the "Last Drop from His Stetson" cowboy and horse imprint. Is the liner intact in your hat and in good condition? Is there an imprint on the sweat band or on the liner?

I've been watching Ebay auctions. An Open Road in 7 1/2 and good condition recently went for under $60, but the liner was missing. Another 7 3/8 in pristine condition but with no wind string and a replaced band went for almost $250. I'd rather not discuss a specific price until I can contact you in private.

Hopefully by next week, MK will have resolved my "permission" issue and we can discuss price. Thank you again for responding to my request.

Inusuit

Open Roads have different liners depending on year of production. This one does not have it's original liner. When I did my cleaning & shaping, that one got tossed. I replaced it with a Stetson liner from another hat that I sent off to be professionally renovated. I cleaned & disinfected the sweatband, popped in a fresh liner & started wearing it regularly, until I got a Stetson 25 & it became my beater/rain hat... gtd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy