Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Vintage Fedora (Grey or Black) 7 3/8

G

Gabriel

Well hello there!

Since this is my first post on a wanted hat, I'll go ahead and try to be as concise as possible while also trying to be demure to you guys :p. If you need any additional details, please feel free to post below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

What I'm Looking For

I am looking for (preferably but not entirely) a Borsalino fedora hat. Like posted in the title, it MUST be vintage. As far as color goes, I'm interested in either a black or grey hat.

Creases

For creases I'm willing to buy one the following: diamond, center dent, or a teardrop. Any other creases, I just really don't find to be my taste. Sorry guys! :(

Hat Parts

Since I'm still learning the whole "hat part" terminology, I'll go ahead and share you all some images of what I'm interested in purchasing.

tmLXaD7.png
BwZ12wB.png
fErrY2F.png
H6lESWd.png

AfqM3xV.png

Feel free to post your price range and trade offers.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello there kiddo, I sure wish I could help you out.....but I am sure someone has a size and style of hat you are looking for. Hang in there and give it some time.

G

Gabriel

Hello there kiddo, I sure wish I could help you out.....but I am sure someone has a size and style of hat you are looking for. Hang in there and give it some time.

Absolutely. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gabriel

Do you have a price range in mind?

Well, first and foremost I'd honestly appreciate some screenshots before anything. In addition, multiple image with well lit lighting would also be very handy as well.

skydog757

A-List Customer
Well, first and foremost I'd honestly appreciate some screenshots before anything. In addition, multiple image with well lit lighting would also be very handy as well.

I can understand that, but if your high end price is $100 (and there are some nice hats for that price), then sending pics of a $250 asking price is non-productive for everyone. Trust us, we're not going to raise a hat's price to fit your budget but we don't want to show you something that costs more than you're willing to pay. If you don't have a limit, you'll be given a lot more choices in all price points.

Last edited:
G

Gabriel

I can understand that, but if your high end price is $100 (and there are some nice hats for that price), then sending pics of a $250 asking price is non-productive for everyone. Trust us, we're not going to raise a hat's price to fit your budget but we don't want to show you something that costs more than you're willing to pay. If you don't have a limit, you'll be given a lot more choices in all price points.

Very well, then in that case I'd probably say somewhere around $250 or so would suffice.

G

Gabriel

Sent you a message!

Thanks for messaging me. I might have some interest in purchasing one of the hats you've showed me but I'm more curious in buying a vintage hat to be honest with you. We'll have to see though. Thanks!

John Galt

Vendor
I have a very nice and quite rare vintage black Dobbs Double Life that is in your size.

It doesn't fit & the timing is good on my end to part with it. Look up the model & PM me if you are interested, and I'll send photos. It is a pretty wonderful hat because it is lightweight & eminently shapable.

G

Gabriel

I have a very nice and quite rare vintage black Dobbs Double Life that is in your size.

It doesn't fit & the timing is good on my end to part with it. Look up the model & PM me if you are interested, and I'll send photos. It is a pretty wonderful hat because it is lightweight & eminently shapable.

Pm'd with possible interest.

G

Gabriel

If you still want to message me about that hat I'd still be interested in looking.

G

Gabriel

I have a couple, actually. Do you have a brim size (2", 2 1/2, etc) that you would prefer?

Bump, in response to brim size.. not particularly. However, something too long does tend to sort of kill the feel for me.

On the other hand, I'm still looking for more offers if anyone out there is looking to get rid of any fedoras. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails