Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Warm Christmas Drinks

Grant Fan

Practically Family
What's a good warm drink recipe for Christmas? My boyfriend and I are having people over on Christmas Eve and I want to serve something non alcoholic and warm that's not hot coco. So any ideas?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
No one's mentioned Wassel? I'm shocked, there are a ton of different recipes plus it has its own song! Of course now there is a Anglicanized version which is "Here we come a caroling among the leaves so green."

Yeah, that word used to be wasseling, not caroling!

EDIT: I just noticed the non alcholic bit, but wassel can be made without any alcohol.

Last edited:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Hot mulled cranberry punch is a delicious drink for the holidays.
Ingredients:

* 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
* 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* dash nutmeg
* dash salt
* butter
* cinnamon sticks

Preparation:
Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour into cups, dot with butter, and add a cinnamon stick to each cup.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
No one's mentioned Wassel? I'm shocked, there are a ton of different recipes plus it has its own song! Of course now there is a Anglicanized version which is "Here we come a caroling among the leaves so green."

Yeah, that word used to be wasseling, not caroling!

:eeek:

"Anglicised"? More like "Americanized." Wassail was already an english word.

EDIT: I just noticed the non alcholic bit, but wassel can be made without any alcohol.

This Wassail recipe calls for 2 pints of ale, but by the time you're done simmering it, I would have to imagine the alcohol would have "burned off."

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
This is good stuff, but I prefer to replace the brandy with a mediocre rum. The flavors of really good rum are wasted.

HOT GROG

6 Bags of Black Tea & Water
20 Oz. Brandy
4 Lemons Sliced and Halved
20 Whole Cloves
2 T Cinnamon
24 Whole Cinnamon Sticks

Place tea, water, lemon segments, cloves and cinnamon in large sauce pan. Stir over low fire. Do not allow to boil. When hot, remove from stove and add brandy. Serve at once in heat resistant cups or mugs, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Yield: 24 6-oz. servings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner