Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washed Aeros?

gfirob

Familiar Face
You know, Jack, that is such a handsome jacket. I have been thinking about getting a Bootlegger with buttons, but this shot of you shows the jacket off so much better than anything on the Aero website(s) that I think maybe leaving it the way it was designed is a better idea.

I have a Highwayman that is old enough to have the lining wearing out, and while it is broken in in as much as the bends in the sleeves are folding naturally and the grain of the leather is very much evident, it is still a little bit like a suit of Roman armor...

Is your Bootlegger FQHH?

And what newsboy hat are you wearing? Where did you get it? It looks great.

Best

Rob

jack miranda

A-List Customer
No, my Bootlegger is just really, really thick steerhide.

Thanks for the compliments on the jacket, but, Aero deserves all the credit. They are great people.

Here's an anecdote about my Aero Hercules: My wife and I visited the factory in Galashiels a year or so ago when we were vacationing in Scotland. I was thinking a lot about a Hercules. It was a rainy Friday, late morning, when we arrived. Will spread out the hides, took me down to the basement to match a custom lining for it, took my measurements and then (and this wowed! even my wife) delivered a brand new custom-builit Herc in three and a half hours! We were leaving the next morning to return to Edinburgh and on to home and Aero isn't open on Saturday, so they made it for me right then. We walked up town for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat and when we came back, it was ready. So was I.

As for the hat, here is a link for Hat People in Oregon:

http://www.hatpeople.com/tourshop/catalogue/cat.html

Thanks again for the kind words.
--jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot