Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WB RMC j-24 size 40 Old fit

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
Hi Everyone,
I have been looking into getting a D-pocket and have been looking into a real Mccoy's and The Flat Head.
I wear RM j-100 size 40 spot on and love the tight-fit sleeves and body.
I know someone must have a J-24 they don't use or outgrown but don't feel like posting so here I am asking for anyone who wants to part with theirs.

ClintonB

New in Town
Hi Shawnziee,

I have a size 40 j-24 I purchased new last year in the old fit. I’ve probably only worn it a dozen times. Let me know if you’re interested. I feel as though it’s a little too tight for me, I’d wish I’d gotten a 42 or perhaps the new version.

soundwavvves

Familiar Face
If you’re still looking, I’ve got one I’d be willing to sell. I posted about it yesterday in the classifieds thread.

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
thanks man,....a while back I picked up a j-22 which is identical to j-24 but for sure more roomy. Thank you.

soundwavvves

Familiar Face
Awesome, nice find. The houndstooth lining in those looks super sharp.

What size did you end up going with? I’m curious how the measurements compare to my J-24.

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
well, I didn't know how it would end up but got a 40 and I have to say it is a perfect fit.... I have 18.5 shoulders 25 sleeves and 21 p2p. The thing is that even when I zip up I can still move around and the arm holes are large (I have large arms). SO I would say if you like the look and feel of the j-24 but can't fit a 40 look for a j-22. Hell, I am in MD if you are around here you are more than welcome to try it on and see the fit.

soundwavvves

Familiar Face
Awesome, thanks for the sizing details! And congrats on finding the perfect fit first try, too. That definitely doesn’t always happen.

I’ve now owned 6 variations of the RMC J-24 (older fit 38, 40, 42, new fit 36, 38, 40) and this older fit 40 is about as close to perfect as I’m going to get with this model. The biggest obstacle I ran into was finding a jacket that fit right layered and zipped and fit right over just a t-shirt without feeling too roomy.

And the more I’ve thought about it, I’m probably just going to hold on to this one after all haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner