Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We Pick Up Where They Left Off

Laraquan

Familiar Face
Our greatest privelege of being in the generations of today is the freedom (to a greater extent than has been usual) to make our own choices. The problem is that many have made the easy choices, have refused to examine the past and the present, to see what worked and what didn't, in order to invent for ourselves a lovely future. If only we could take the freedom of choice that we have today and apply to it the knowledge and wisdom of the errors and successes of the past to make our world greater. And while most people refuse to learn - i.e., they waste rather than make do and mend - if some of us choose to learn from the past (even if we each have learned a different lesson) than at least the pain and struggles of the past wasn't in vain because it did help, it did matter and people have noticed.

KL15

One of the Regulars
To those who wrote the last few posts before this one. WELL SAID, all of you. I havent really been able to find the words to convey what I was trying to say yet, but you've got me on my way. On this board, we all love vintage things. There is much talk about fashion, cars, personal style and belongings. But one aspect that I don't see discussed is vintage values. Now this may simply be because no one wishes to talk about it, and that's understandable. But if there is a quasi return to the Golden Age, a return to old world values must accompany all of the great fashion and style. There must be some substance. We must rebuild on the rock, not on the shifting sand.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You may not find a thread called "Show us your vintage values!" (and please don't start one). But the conversation is here nonetheless. It pervades most threads in the form of dignity and respect for others, willingness to help out someone who needs a lift, manners and enjoying each other's company. Much like back in The Day, we don't talk about it, we just do it.

KL15

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
You may not find a thread called "Show us your vintage values!" (and please don't start one). But the conversation is here nonetheless. It pervades most threads in the form of dignity and respect for others, willingness to help out someone who needs a lift, manners and enjoying each other's company. Much like back in The Day, we don't talk about it, we just do it.

Point well taken.

carter

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
As I wrote in another thread:

"Welcome Black Prince to the most civilized Lounge, where we talk more about topics that keeps us together - than topics that seperates us.
Heaven knows we are not all alike, but we have some common iterrests in the past, the golden age - some more some less.
Some wear vintage every day - others just likes aeroplanes and can't wait to wear the ol' Irvins and flying boots - as soon as it gets cold enough

But the bottomline is, that "the vintage" is more a state of mind. We all behave vintage and shows respect for our fellow man.
Welcome my friend."

KL15

One of the Regulars
To that end Spitfire (great name btw), someone has to play devil's advocate to get the conversation going. If I have to take shots from others on this board to get that going, so be it. Without conflict, I think we'd all be pretty bored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24