Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing hat cocked to the side..

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I prefer to wear my hats level, but without a mirror to check it out I typically will have a little bit of natural slant simply because I seem incapable of putting a hat on perfectly straight. [huh]

Still, I usually get it about right, even without a mirror (I have been begging my wife to let me put a mirror next to the door, so that I can check a hat right before leaving).

Although, I sometimes wear a slight slant for fun. Nothing dramatic, though.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KeithHat.jpg

And some guys don't care one way or another! [huh] Gotta love 'im - the bloody geezer!

-dixon cannon

Geesie

Practically Family
Havana said:
My noggin must be warped. All my hats naturally tilt a bit to one side. I've been accused of doing it deliberately but I actually try to keep them straight.

Could be. Mine is. I always got accused of tilting my hat, too. Then a barber mentioned to me that the crown of my head was off-center. That rather did explain everything, why even when I sat a hat on center it would slide to the side during wear.

I finally gave in to anatomy and started wearing all my headgear rakishly canted.

dnjan

One Too Many
Straight hat, tywistedbrim

I've got a Barmah leather hat, that if worn straight, has a most pronounced "pringles-like" curve to the brim that runs on kind of a diagonal. If I wear the hat twisted about 10 or so degrees to the right, the brim picks up more of a standard aussie-curve.

I've decided that my true hat size is 7-1/8 DOH (diagonal oval head).

KatintheHat

Suspended
I've found that you can where a hat straight, and still give it an angle by simply flipping the brim up higher on one side and tugging the front down a little on the oposite side. It all just depends on the hat's attitude, and mine at the time.

ortega76

Practically Family
Zohar said:
I think it looks awful. Anybody who wears their hat raked to the side is likely a man who tears tags off mattresses and throws rocks at windows.

IMG_2449.jpg

Forgive the unshaven, glassy eyed appearance. I just finished a long day of tearing off mattress tags. ;)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Caity Lynn said:
When I wear a hat it's slanted, unless it's a baseball cap, then it's on straight. One thing I can NOT abide is these young whippersnappers running around with baseball caps with the bill flat, cocked up on their head and on to the side.Give me a well broken in Baseball cap, Bill properly curled and nice and tight fitting anyday!

I agree! Hip-Hop fashion is an oxymoron, and I do mean moron!

univibe88

One Too Many
Caity Lynn said:
When I wear a hat it's slanted,

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/Caity_Lynn_Susan/DSCN8422.jpg

unless it's a baseball cap, then it's on straight. One thing I can NOT abide is these young whippersnappers running around with baseball caps with the bill flat, cocked up on their head and on to the side.Give me a well broken in Baseball cap, Bill properly curled and nice and tight fitting anyday!

Don't forget the tags still attached.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
That was the biggest I had!!!

Zohar said:
Oh, that hat is straight. The head wearing it is crooked. ;)

Zohar is the proud owner of the largest Johnnyphi fedora. If Zohar doesn't intentionally "cock" his hat, then this 7 5/8 Adam must be TOO SMALL to cover his giant brain!!!

Good Lord!

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Sure, angles are attitudes, but isn't 90 degrees an angle?

My head is a 7 1/2 and a cocked hat requires a size up, so most of mine go on flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace