Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing hat cocked to the side..

Bevman

New in Town
Most people wear their fedoras slanted to the side....mine only wants to sit flat..or level...is my head shaped wrong?.....I know this is a loaded question, but I'm serious..LOL:eusa_doh:
Thanks..

Jerekson

One Too Many
Well, that's sort of the point. The hat is meant to be worn flat. You have to really deliberately put it to one side in order for it to do so.

warbird

One Too Many
Some of my hats just won't cant to the side well. Some don't and some do. It's all about how it naturally fits for you. Maybe it is just that hat, maybe a hat for you just looks best flat. I suspect after you have worn a few hundred as any of us have, that some will cant for you and some will remain flat. You'll know which is best.

Bevman

New in Town
Thanks for the reply

I also got my hat soaked..and it may have stretched some..it may be a little big..believe it or not..size 8 temple..thanks again..I like the way they look tilted to the side..
Steve

Ray-Vigo

New in Town
I've found softer hats that have a little more give are more forgiving to wearing on a slat than the more formed ones.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
As the Chairman of the Board, Ole' Blue Eyes, Mr. Frank Sinatra himself so eloquently stated, "Wear your hat cocked, angles are attitudes..." enough said.

Havana

One of the Regulars
My noggin must be warped. All my hats naturally tilt a bit to one side. I've been accused of doing it deliberately but I actually try to keep them straight.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I think it looks awful. Anybody who wears their hat raked to the side is likely a man who tears tags off mattresses and throws rocks at windows.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Zohar said:
I think it looks awful. Anybody who wears their hat raked to the side is likely a man who tears tags off mattresses and throws rocks at windows.

Touche.

Daoud

One of the Regulars
I think it all came about in the old days when people drank a lot more. I mean, look at Nick and Nora Charles, for example. Those folks had no idea whether their hats were on at all, much less if they were on straight.

Must we really emulate such depraved sots? :D :D

rgraham

A-List Customer
Lately, I've noticed when I put on a baseball cap, (yeah boo) that I think I've centered it, but it's off to the side a bit. I think it has something to do with getting older. Kinda ends up looking like the Captain Quint in the original "Jaws" movie.

ken100

Familiar Face
Tilt,,,,, oh yeah

If my hat wont slant, I give it a good talking too. I love the slant, gives me the "I put it there and I ment it!" look.
Ken

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn