Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding fedora ideas?

simsholom

New in Town
Mike Moore of Buckaroo Hatters made this one for me to wear at my daughters wedding last June.

uwe1.jpg

very nice! (i looked at his site he has a nice selection of beaver colors to choose from and his prices are very reasonable as well)

but which one!

Gevalt!

Simmy, show the Willoughby photo to your Rebbe. Get his opinion. From the photos you posted, he looks to prefer slightly lower crowns, but For your wedding, the Tuxedo hat would be worth considering. Moreover, such a hat would be perfect for a lifetime of Yontiv(s), would it not?!

Although I REALLY like Rusty's wedding (Father of the Bride) hat, too. Oh, what to do...?
And, I have ANOTHER daughter getting married in exactly one year. A WINTER wedding may be dicey, but my hat will be right!

Last edited:

simsholom

New in Town
Gevalt!

Simmy, show the Willoughby photo to your Rebbe. Get his opinion. From the photos you posted, he looks to prefer slightly lower crowns, but For your wedding, the Tuxedo hat would be worth considering. Moreover, such a hat would be perfect for a lifetime of Yontiv(s), would it not?!

Although I REALLY like Rusty's wedding (Father of the Bride) hat, too. Oh, what to do...?
And, I have ANOTHER daughter getting married in exactly one year. A WINTER wedding may be dicey, but my hat will be right!

isnt the tuxedo hat just the affect of a silk lining on the underside? cant it be done with any hat?

I would suggest speaking with Mr. Fawcett as to the subtleties. When I was in the throws of my first daughter's wedding last summer, he really went into the details (as only he can) to create and offer a tuxedo hat. And, as a custom hatter/ artist, he will work closely with you to achieve the perfect look, to your specs!

He can be reached here:
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
isnt the tuxedo hat just the affect of a silk lining on the underside? cant it be done with any hat?

Today it could be done on any black hat and that would suffice, but a traditional Tuxedo hat is quite different. It's made of extremely thin felt with little shellac to stiffen it, a silk underbrim, and completely silk lined interior. There is no leather sweatband or reed to give shape to the hat. It was designed to be folded and stuffed into the the pocket of an overcoat yet still manage the semi-formal look.

Brad

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
very nice! (i looked at his site he has a nice selection of beaver colors to choose from and his prices are very reasonable as well)

That is one of the best pictures of Rusty on the entire lounge! The man is radiating pride. I don't think, the hat did it all, but it probably helped to grow that happy smile :)

simsholom

New in Town
Today it could be done on any black hat and that would suffice, but a traditional Tuxedo hat is quite different. It's made of extremely thin felt with little shellac to stiffen it, a silk underbrim, and completely silk lined interior. There is no leather sweatband or reed to give shape to the hat. It was designed to be folded and stuffed into the the pocket of an overcoat yet still manage the semi-formal look.

Brad

i like the sound of that! i wonder if mike from northwest can do it as well since i think his prices are considerably less...

simsholom

New in Town
I would suggest speaking with Mr. Fawcett as to the subtleties. When I was in the throws of my first daughter's wedding last summer, he really went into the details (as only he can) to create and offer a tuxedo hat. And, as a custom hatter/ artist, he will work closely with you to achieve the perfect look, to your specs!

He can be reached here:
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/

did he make it for you the way brad describes it? also what is a Willoughby?

Lotsahats

One Too Many
You'll have a lovely hat for your wedding, and may it be that your success with the hat leads to more simchas. Any chance we'll get to see pictures from the mitzvah tantz with your rebbe? :)

Aaron

so i called art today he so super nice and helpful and we are going to make this hat! so excited!

NOW comes the HARDest part... waiting. All the best wishes for your wedding and your hat, and may you wear it often (after the wedding). I know you will be beyond delighted, Sim. Zie gezundt, man!

Last edited:

simsholom

New in Town
btw for the guys who seem in the loop the rebbe is the lubavitcher rebbe. u may not have recognized him because these pictures are from the 1940s and 50s rebbehat7.jpg
heres another picture u can see the rebbe had the satin accent on the lapels of his kapota something u wont see in pictures from later years; im thinking of having this done too:)

You are well on track, Simmy! And Aaron (LotsHats) is so right on with his wish, " may it be that your success with the hat leads to MANY more simchas!" Indeed!!!

When is your simcha?

simsholom

New in Town
You are well on track, Simmy! And Aaron (LotsHats) is so right on with his wish, " may it be that your success with the hat leads to MANY more simchas!" Indeed!!!

When is your simcha?

amen! thankU! no date yet; we're thinking about 4 months

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Ha! I thought, "That looks like THE rebbe, but that doesn't make sense, that guy is too young." :) At the same time, I couldn't think of any Hasidim up in Wisconsin beside Lubavitch. The Rebbe was a Borsalino fan. ^.^

A

simsholom

New in Town
Ha! I thought, "That looks like THE rebbe, but that doesn't make sense, that guy is too young." :) At the same time, I couldn't think of any Hasidim up in Wisconsin beside Lubavitch. The Rebbe was a Borsalino fan. ^.^

A

oh we do have other hassidim in wi, theres the famous twersky family in milwaukee, but yep that is THE rebbe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart