Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well, It Looks Like I'm On Strike...

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Strikes are hard....I've been through it. Congrats on making it through and not giving up on whats right.

Now that said.....The only thing that sucks about unions is when they get greedy (officials running the union or the workers). I have seen some unions strike and have to dissolve the union because they have no work. It's a very fine line and wonderful when it works out right, but sucks if it goes wrong. I was a union construction worker...it's great for the commercial side of construction. Safe places to work and getting paid for your work. I just wish that some unions weren't so expensive to get in to on a business stand point.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Lucky said:
A contract has been reached and two votes will be taken. The process of the next 48 hours (the vote by the membership to repeal the restraining order) is just a formality - as of Wed. the WGA strike will be over. Ten days later the new contract will be ratified. It was an exceptionally hard fought battle and the gains, while not perfect, are MORE than enough in terms of the sacrifices made, the present pay off, and especially for the future.

I come away from this with a much greater respect for my fellow writers, and for organized labor in general. It's hard to stand up for what is right. But it sure feels good.

Thanks for all your support.

Yesssss!!!! Congratulations to you and to all your fellow writers Mr.Lucky!:eusa_clap :D

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Mr. Lucky said:
I come away from this with a much greater respect for my fellow writers, and for organized labor in general. It's hard to stand up for what is right. But it sure feels good.

Congratulations to you and your union brothers and sisters, Mr. Lucky! This was a long strike and a hard-fought victory. You should all be very proud of sticking it out. Well done. :eusa_clap

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Mr. Lucky said:
Thank you to all! Oh, by the way, I have this great spec script that's...:)
You got in there with that just before I did, Mister L.! :cheers1:

Glad it's all done, and that everyone's happy. I was a little concerned when I heard about the lawyers' plans for presenting it to the Guild, but if it's a good enough package then everybody wins.

So how about those SAG negotiations?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch