Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We're having a baby!!!

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Congrats!! It's a beautiful journey, and one where you will learn
so much about yourself & flourish to new heights.

I have a little girl that is about to turn 2 years old.
Her name is Daisy. Everyone adores her name,and she
really does fit the name perfectly with golden little ringlets.

Oh boy...am I a bragging or what! Anyhow, sending you & your hubby the best.
It's exciting!

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
Congrats Ruby! Our first, a boy, we found out, will be here in November so I know just how you feel!

We're naming him Jackson Patrick. And he's a KICKER, the wife tells me. Every day. :p

Hannigan Reilly said:
Congrats Ruby! Our first, a boy, we found out, will be here in November so I know just how you feel!

We're naming him Jackson Patrick. And he's a KICKER, the wife tells me. Every day. :p

Wow! There must be a Lounge Baby Boom going on out there. My son is due end of September early October. He also has the same qualities--the wife tells me. :D

Regards,

J

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dang, I feel so left out. We need a singles bar at the lounge. lol

Of course, if I have a kid now, he or she would be entering college just as I'm hitting retirement age. :eek:

Then again, my Dad was 54 when I was born.

Tony in Tarzana said:
Of course, if I have a kid now, he or she would be entering college just as I'm hitting retirement age. :eek:

Then again, my Dad was 54 when I was born.

I am not that far behind you. I'll be getting there myself when he gets to be of college age. That just means I can devote more time to making sure he doesn't screw up when I am not looking. :p
My father was retired by my last year in high school and he was about the same age. [huh] I'll live. ;)

Regards,

J

P.S. The Lounge's Lonely Hearts Forum. :D

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
Hannigan Reilly said:

Hannigan,

Very cool! I have a Jackson Monroe, he is nineteen months old! And he was a kicker and a squirmer and he keeps me running EVERY second of the day! So look out!!

Best wishes,
Jessica

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
We have a lot of FL babies!Great names,too!

Thanks so much everyone for all the well wishes.
I love hearing about your little ones as well.

Congrats to rest of the gang with newborns and a few on the way.:)

My due date is set for March 14,2007 and if I make it through the next four weeks we should know if everything is going smoothly.
My age is a concern for the doctor since I'll be 37 when the baby is born.
Keepin' our fingers crossed!

rubyredlocks said:
My due date is set for March 14,2007 and if I make it through the next four weeks we should know if everything is going smoothly.
My age is a concern for the doctor since I'll be 37 when the baby is born.
Keepin' our fingers crossed!

Don't worry about the age thing. My wife is in the same boat you are. Everything is just fine. If you have a doctor you like and trust then they will adjust your care accordingly. There are also all kinds of tests they can perform if you are worried about the health of the child. Some warranted and others a bit on the excessive side.
I am sure you and the child will be just fine. My grandmother was in her forties when she had my mother in 1937. Now that might have been a concern then but every thing was fine with her and with me. She was 32 when I was born in the 60s. [huh] :D I guess we have a long tradition of having children "later in life" :rolleyes: in my family.

Regards to all,

J

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab

That's the day before my nephew's birthday--March is a good month, I think :)

By the way, my sister was 31 when she had her son, and everything turned out just fine!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
My step mom was in her late 30s when she had my sister and in her early 40 on the 2nd child. They both turned out fine. I'm sure it'll be a beautifully healthy baby.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Well,the morning sickness,which incidentally is completely the wrong name for something that pretty much lasts all day,is really hitting me hard in the evenings.
I think part of it is the heat,but at least I'm in the early stages this time of year instead of the latter.
I haven't gained much weight,but my waistline and tummy have expanded enough that nothing in my closet fits comfortably.
Let's see,oh yes,already had one hormonal fit over my hair and had it chopped off.(Again I blame the heat)
However,I haven't regretted it one bit,it's a very cute Audreyish pixie cut.
When I start showing a bit,I'll post a pic.

Anyone have pics of their bundles of joy?
Post away!

Irena

One of the Regulars
rubyredlocks said:
Yes,saltines are a godsend.Haven't tried the ginger tea,but it sounds yummy.
Thanks!

Don't buy ginger tea bags... make it yourself! It's better if you just steep a bit of ground ginger in hot water, then strain through a coffee filter. (Don't be afraid of using too much... you can always water it down.) Also, make switchel with a little of the tea in ice-water. This helps to combat nausea in the heat. In the "Little House" books, Pa drank this in the hayfields.

Irena said:
Don't buy ginger tea bags... make it yourself! It's better if you just steep a bit of ground ginger in hot water, then strain through a coffee filter. (Don't be afraid of using too much... you can always water it down.) Also, make switchel with a little of the tea in ice-water. This helps to combat nausea in the heat. In the "Little House" books, Pa drank this in the hayfields.

I was thinking more of this product that I really like:
gingertea_p.jpg

Regards,

J

Irena

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
I was thinking more of this product that I really like:
gingertea_p.jpg

Regards,

J

I've not seen that before. Are there any other ingredients? The only ginger teas I've found have other things in them... it's not nice.

And I forgot to say in my other post:

Congratulations to you, Rubyred (and JP)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy