Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco black tie domain vs teacore

VestCoast

A-List Customer
965c7e008d1fed3c31bbd4891dea4b13.jpg
posted this elsewhere today. The teacore here is all genuine, no fake paint over brown like some makers & traders here & in japan. This Rudels boots never intended this effect, just good old leather. I don’t dig the overrated tea core hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, things marketed as teacore seem to involve a rather gimmicky rapid evolution which is pretty much at odds with the original effect that's being emulated. The black overdye was historically made as colorfast as possible and it was just extreme/prolonged amounts of wear that had the undercoat peeking through. FCL jackets today are basically just brown jackets with black polish. I like the teacore look, but would rather develop over a longer period of time.

Mich486

One Too Many
Rarely anybody holds on to things long enough these days to get to show the colour under the top coat hence you get the answer to this through accelerated wear designed stuff. Who has time to wear the boots 10 years to get to what is below a top coat designed to last?Most people in this hobby buy things weekly/monthly and flip them non-stop. Who are we kidding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GW KY

Practically Family
The boots I have take a good amount of wear to show the underlying brown. Not quite like pre worn out denim, which is bought faded. This still takes some real wear and work to show.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
@Mich486 while flipping certainly seems to be the case with jackets, to which the whole tea core thing certainly applies, i think it’s a little different with boots. The only time I’d bjy second hand footwear if it was in a SUPER low mileage situation where the original owner determined they didn’t fit. However, i get your point about the time it takes to inadvertantly develope wear being unlikely for most of us. If you had 1 pair of boots and wore only that day in day out for 18 months in all sorts of conditions it might happen. If you have 10 pair of shoes and spend 8 hours a day in bed and 8 hours in front of a computer screen it ain’t gonna happen. An obvious exception to that statement is @Dav who has plenty of boots and either he or the hounds get them to look a decade old in weeks.

GW KY

Practically Family
@Mich486 while flipping certainly seems to be the case with jackets, to which the whole tea core thing certainly applies, i think it’s a little different with boots. The only time I’d bjy second hand footwear if it was in a SUPER low mileage situation where the original owner determined they didn’t fit. However, i get your point about the time it takes to inadvertantly develope wear being unlikely for most of us. If you had 1 pair of boots and wore only that day in day out for 18 months in all sorts of conditions it might happen. If you have 10 pair of shoes and spend 8 hours a day in bed and 8 hours in front of a computer screen it ain’t gonna happen. An obvious exception to that statement is @Dav who has plenty of boots and either he or the hounds get them to look a decade old in weeks.
I've snagged a ton of used footwear, awesome way to save money, and sometimes a little head start in breaking em in. I have so many pairs of shoes and boots, try to save money whenever possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider