Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boot Thread.

edmond

Vendor
i love these boots they made for me! i supplied the leather

Attachments

• EFE00550-B7F2-4EEF-86F5-3324144B32E9_1_105_c.jpeg
    EFE00550-B7F2-4EEF-86F5-3324144B32E9_1_105_c.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,463

Vintagestyle

One of the Regulars
Just saw i received a notification about this topic some time ago and as i have a nice brand new pair of 100th anniversary 1939 British Tan Wesco engineer boots ( 10,5D) for sale on the website , i thought they might interest someone as they were a very limited series made in 2018 ( as its name implies, for the 100th anniversary ) , so very few were available and most were only available on order if i remember well .
They are built the way they built all their boots for decades ( not sure when they started to manufacture them this way but maybe right from the begining of the brand , in 1918 ) , until the 1980's .
I never used them , not even once , so they are really brand new in their original box in perfect shape with everything that came with them .
Sincerely they are really beautiful and if they had been a half size bigger , i would keep them ; unfortunately ...
I think they are one of the best engineer boots leather , if not the best , i ever saw , really thick leather that can withstand many many years of motorcycle riding ( for example . That is what i use my engineer boots for ) .
You can see what they look like in the Thread gallery , on the second page , from picture 6 to 10 i believe .

Last edited:

Pandemic

One Too Many
Hi all. I think I am going to order my second pair of Wesco engineers today. I'm hoping for something fairly sleek (I love the Japanese 'dress' engineer style) though I understand I am limited by having wide feet (10EEE).

I'll go with an unstructured tow and extra heel lifts (asking for more curve/ dogger style that my last pair).

As far as toe and last options, I think my choice is between the MP95 and Boss. I am still trying to get a sense of how they differ other than toe shape.

Dmartin

New in Town
The MP toe is sleeker than the boss. The boss bulkier/bulbous overall.
As @Bfd70 mentioned, Wesco (Chris) is very responsive if you email them or contact them through Instagram.

Edward

Bartender
Love the look of Wescos. Eventually I'll pick myself up a pair, though I want to wait until I can get a chance to actually try some on first. Love the look of that MP toe.

Gone

New in Town
I've been doing a little online digging about wescos for the first time and have found very few longer term reviews, most are just took them out of the box reviews. I found two where the heels just feel apart (not properly built) and two where the heel area of the midsole completely separated from the leather upper (maybe not enough glue?), which also involved some criticisms about customer service(chris warren), it seems they either literally fall to pieces after a year or so if actually worn regularly or they last forever, some people love 'em even as the years go by. Now I am curious readers, how have they held up for you over time if worn more than just on the weekends? Many people here sell them, why? what didn't work for you about them? Which soles were the most practical for you? Has anyone had experience with their "Bee" products? Fanboys and people with an axe to grind please just don't, I would really like to read some honest impressions while I wait until December for my order to arrive.

Dmartin

New in Town
So far I have nothing bad to report. I wear them regularly but in rotation with two other engineers. I am riding the bike in them, walk the dog through sunshine, mud and rain, work on the bikes in the shop, so I am not babying them. They age nicely. The oldest pair is over a year or so now.
Regarding the customer service they replied always fast and competent, can’t say anything negative. Maybe the delay in shipping but that’s something you know on advance.

Goel

A-List Customer
I haven't heard many issues with Wesco, other than some people who can't fit in the lasts as with every boot maker. I got my first pair a little over a year and they're by far my favorite last and boot I've used. The QC is far better than the White's and Vibergs I've handled, as is the fit. I've actually gotten rid of both of those and I'll be opting for Wesco for most future boots.

Speaking of which, the pair I got a while back were Burgundy waxed flesh. I really like em but I kind of get the urge to do a regular roughout as well. I've already got one in production right now and thanks to the delays it won't be ready until next year.

mlwdp

Familiar Face
Going to Wesco have roller buckles and dr soles on my boss boot. Leather is black Chromexcel. You have to ask for this leather as it’s not an option.

Attachments

• 90FBF2EC-7B6C-493C-B7B0-21491401BA1E.jpeg
    90FBF2EC-7B6C-493C-B7B0-21491401BA1E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 119
  • F3BABD68-FD34-47D1-B9B3-5CDEF1CD6228.jpeg
    F3BABD68-FD34-47D1-B9B3-5CDEF1CD6228.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 126
  • 9F4F3211-1B58-4987-B334-6A8C7CE44D8B.jpeg
    9F4F3211-1B58-4987-B334-6A8C7CE44D8B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126

Gone

New in Town
I placed a few orders totaling $5,000+ back in MAR-APR of last year, at that time I was quoted eleven months wait time, obviously that has come and gone, the last quote I got (i think the third quote so far)was this coming JUL-AUG, I am not optimistic. In the mean time I watched an informative review on youtube by rose anvil who cuts a pair in half, which I would highly recommend anyone considering wesco watch, as well as reading employee reviews on the glass door. It has been so long that at the least I will be moving before I have anything to show for the money and will be looking at retiring sometime after that and moving again. I am swinging back and forth on the fence whether to just have the orders cancelled or just letting it ride. I wouldn't want to guess at the wait times for anyone placing an order today. The hook for me is the low heels for pull-on boots as my feet and knees act their age. Any opinions on whether to wait it out or cut my losses? The longer I wait and the more I look into wesco, the less enthusiastic I am getting, however I sure would like some pull-ons that don't hurt.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I’d cancel. Thats a lot of money to not be treated better. Whites has some off the shelf options. Buy those and have a cobbler lower the heel if need be.

Gone

New in Town
I literally just got off the phone with Chris and cancelled $2,000 of my orders, he seems to have quite the casual attitude towards their backlog. The rest I'll let ride as I already have so much time invested and I am kind of curious just how much longer they will take, they have been in " Your boots are being built now." status for months, LOL. No matter if the boots are great or junk I wont be sending any more $$ to wesco.

Gone

New in Town
If nothing else I just helped clear up some of their clutter. If they made any effort to compensate me my view towards them would be softer, such is life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot