Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Mister Lou Engineer Boots in Black Horween Horsehide 11.5D

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
SOLD!: I am selling my Wesco Mister Lou Engineer Boots in size 11.5D. These are made with Horween black horsehide. Boots have only been worn 4 or 5 times in an office setting. Although they are in great condition, as they have been worn they are used and may show signs of not be "brand new." Absolutely the nicest engineers I've ever owned which includes other Wesco and White's engineers. They smell fantastic too (yeah, which sounds strange for a boot). While I love the style, engineers just don't work for my foot shape (this was my final attempt).

For sizing reference, I wear a 10.5D in Red Wing Iron Rangers and Beckmans, an 11 in Converse "Chuck Taylors" All Stars, and an 11.5 in Nike Air Force 1's. I purchased these new through Baker Boots in December 2020 and were dropped shipped directly from Wesco.

$525 shipped (to be paid via PayPal friends/family, or buyer covers fees). Will ship in original Wesco box/packaging.

Attachments

• IMG_0988.jpeg
    IMG_0988.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0989.jpeg
    IMG_0989.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0997.jpeg
    IMG_0997.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

Maitiu

New in Town
Too big? Too narrow? Too small? I've got the same foot size as you, I have the same sizes in every boot and sneaker you have.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
They’re good both length and width wise. I just find slip-on boots awkward to walk in given they have a bit of slip in the heel compared to lace up boots. I simply don’t like that feeling. Thought I’d give it one last try with a really nice pair, but ultimately they’re not for me.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
They’re good both length and width wise. I just find slip-on boots awkward to walk in given they have a bit of slip in the heel compared to lace up boots. I simply don’t like that feeling. Thought I’d give it one last try with a really nice pair, but ultimately they’re not for me.
Hey bro I just wanted to share my experience. I have a 11e in this boot. The heel slip goes away as you break it in the slip is normal an expected with new slip on boots. Another thing is I find the sole insert to be thin an uncomfortable/unsupported. I bought a pair of dr. Sholes, you trim them to size. I put the wesco insert on top of the new one an trimmed to length an width. The I also trimmed the thickness of it down, (think of trimming a tree into planks) trim it down to your liking because if you don't trim the thickness the top of feet rub the boot at the bend area.
If you try this im confident it will change the boot into a comfortable, completely different wearing boot.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I could relate to your experience so I wanted to share, I thought about getting a different size or selling when the shipping happened to me the first time. Now I know. When you try on a new pair of pull on boots that fit GOOD there is going to be about a .5 inch slip in the heel. It goes away as you break it in. I almost got rid of mine and I'm so glad I stuck it out an learned a little bit about the issue, now mine are comfortable and awsome, easy to wear an work in all day.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
John,

I appreciate the info/thoughts. As I stated, I’ve owned other engineers and due to the shape of my heel the slip never really goes away. When I had a custom pair made by Wesco years ago, after measuring my foot (in-person at Wesco) they recommended due to the shape of my heel that I stick with lace ups. I really like this style so after not owning a pair for a while I keep going, “maybe this time it’ll work “ but it never seems to. Should have known better before I dropping the coin. I'd rather sell these now while in such great shape and therefore recoup a good chunk of the money I spent on them, then wait and they get more worn.

Last edited:

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
John,

I appreciate the info/thoughts. As I stated, I’ve owned other engineers and due to the shape of my heel the slip never really goes away. When I had a custom pair made by Wesco years ago, after measuring my foot (in-person at Wesco) they recommended due to the shape of my heel that I stick with lace ups. I really like this style so after not owning a pair for a while I keep going, “maybe this time it’ll work “ but it never seems to. Should have known better before I dropping the coin. I'd rather sell these now while in such great shape and therefore recoup a good chunk of the money I spent on them, then wait and they get more worn.
Gotcha, I didn't realize that had happened, I just thought you were experiencing the same thing I did. These are awsome that sucks that they work for you. Beautiful boots someone will get a great pair for a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ