Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wested A2

BKLYN

New in Town
WESTED A-2

I know this discussion is probably over but I just had to reply anyway.
I ordered and received a WESTED A-2.
Let me start by saying, as a leather jacket, it's beautiful. The craftsmanship and the quality of the leather is great. BUT IT IS NOT AN "AUTHENTIC A-2" as advertised nor is it any resemblance to the one's in the movie "Memphis Belle" or "Hanover Street" (also as advertised).
To begin with, it has a snap at the neck as opposed to the hook and eye as shown in the film "Memphis Belle".
No collar stand, as shown both in "Memphis Belle" and "Hanover Street".
It also has a snap at the bottom of the wind flap.
A dark brown lining,
no specification label,
the zipper doesn't extend to the bottom of the jacket and if I examined it further, I would probably find additional descrepencies but I was in such a hurry to ship it back I didn't want too look any further!

Get your Indy Jackets at WESTED but, as stated earlier in this thread "AVOID" WESTED LEATHER if your looking for an authentic A-2!!!
To say that I was very disapointed would be putting it mildly. It's packed and ready for it's trip back to merry old England!

richard gerrard

New in Town
BKLYN said:
I know this discussion is probably over but I just had to reply anyway.
I ordered and received a WESTED A-2.
Let me start by saying, as a leather jacket, it's beautiful. The craftsmanship and the quality of the leather is great. BUT IT IS NOT AN "AUTHENTIC A-2" as advertised nor is it any resemblance to the one's in the movie "Memphis Belle" or "Hanover Street" (also as advertised).
To begin with, it has a snap at the neck as opposed to the hook and eye as shown in the film "Memphis Belle".
No collar stand, as shown both in "Memphis Belle" and "Hanover Street".
It also has a snap at the bottom of the wind flap.
A dark brown lining,
no specification label,
the zipper doesn't extend to the bottom of the jacket and if I examined it further, I would probably find additional descrepencies but I was in such a hurry to ship it back I didn't want too look any further!

Get your Indy Jackets at WESTED but, as stated earlier in this thread "AVOID" WESTED LEATHER if your looking for an authentic A-2!!!
To say that I was very disapointed would be putting it mildly. It's packed and ready for it's trip back to merry old England!
Hello.everyone just to let you know i gave up on wested.I now own a 60s G1 i got from ebay.but it needs replacement knits,waistband and cuffs. could anyone tell me where i can purchase from in england,without having to send the jacket for repair. Thanks

richard gerrard

New in Town
Aero unamed maker 1756

richard gerrard said:
Hello.everyone just to let you know i gave up on wested.I now own a 60s G1 i got from ebay.but it needs replacement knits,waistband and cuffs. could anyone tell me where i can purchase from in england,without having to send the jacket for repair. Thanks
Hi again,I have just purchased an Aero unamed maker 1756 from ebay but im a little confused it has a nickel talon puller with a conmar zip its in seal brown and its a size 40 i bought it for £150 .The guy i bought from told me he paid £180 he also got it from ebay from a guy in france.dont get me wrong but i like the jacket a lot.I checked out aero leather company it is exactly the same as the one i got.Its short in lengh and has a sung fit. could anyone tell me if i got the real thing.Thanks .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy