Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Yeah it's a shame the brim was trimmed but 3" is still a decent width.......the crown though looks a little top heavy/massive for the hat. I don't know what you feel about telescope or tear drops but I think they would add balance to the whole. A center crease with couple of soft front creases might work too.

ingineer

One Too Many
The unbranded 5X
Had a residual “Gus” crease , but just too high, telescoped it down to 5 ¾ inches.
Had to, all the tree branches knocking it off, now I remember why I had low crowns in Maine.
Still have no talent for that, will bring the kettle back again.

Richard

ingineer

One Too Many
Joao;
Thank you, that's high praise from the wide brim expert.
DesertDan:
The hat is black, and the colour temperature makes it look blue.
However, a fabric engineer told me once that there are no longer black dyes, only blue and dark green.
I think he knew his stuff, as he invented a tri-weave sailcloth
Richard

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Another Resistol BR, another color and a lil bit more brim
brr01.jpg

More pictures of it in the Resistol Roundup thread.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Can anyone recommend a wide-brimmed straw Western? A brim over 4.25"? I'm thinking of it as a sun hat for hiking and UV protection. Hopefully it would have a brim that could lie relatively flat or down. I like the taco and George Straight brim shapes, but not so much for sun protection. Any ideas?

--Greg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav