Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Justdog

Practically Family
Resistol xxxxx

Should have fun with this one
Resistol2.jpg

Resistol.jpg

Original pictures made it look yellow. Was pleasantly surprised to find in hand that it was a nice mid gray. Excellent felt. Classic all the way. Will have it off to the hatter for cleaning. Could not help smiling at how classic western it is.:)

Justdog

Practically Family
filfoster said:
The best, and one I have and might actually wear: Seth Bullock's from Deadwood. Black wide brimmed Homburg style with dark gray brown grosgrain trim and large standing pencil roll.

Must have pics I like that wide brim banker hat.

carter

I'll Lock Up
CJ, Wool aside, those westerns look very good on you. I like the Hondo. You wear the style well.

Justdog, How wide is the brim on that Resistol? It looks like an OR clone but that's probably due to the cattleman block. Nice hat.

filfoster, We need pictures.

Justdog

Practically Family
carter said:
CJ, Wool aside, those westerns look very good on you. I like the Hondo. You wear the style well.

Justdog, How wide is the brim on that Resistol? It looks like an OR clone but that's probably due to the cattleman block. Nice hat.

filfoster, We need pictures.

Thanks to the craftsman who made it. 3 inches exact with curled sides. Silvery beaver color like my 7x but the felt is not quite as finished, see what happens when its cleaned. Its the cattleman but not OR at all. Very unique hand crease.
Nice wool resistols.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
I just bought the David Morgan version of the Akubra Bushman. It comes open crown, but has great potential as a rancher or cowboy hat. It has a bound 3-1/4" brim and a fairly high (5-5/8") straight-sided crown. The felt is stiffer than typical fine fedoras, but way more flexible than a lot of cowboy hats these days. These are reputed to be incredibly durable.

Open crown:

Bushman1.jpg

Bashed into an elongated diamond with long side creases and the brim snapped down in front. All my western boots are rancher style (low heel, round toe). I like to think of this as a rancher hat. My boots and this hat style are very compatible:

Bushman4.jpg

And just to show some of the versatility of this hat, here's one treatment David Morgan gave one to show its cowboy potential. It's trimmed with a David Morgan hatband of braided kangaroo leather:

836_1606_lg6.jpg

Justdog

Practically Family
Stetson Clear Beaver

This is a Stetson Clear Beaver 7x LO. Pretty much new. Bound edge reeded sweat. Darker silver gray. Hand creased. Westerns may not be for everyone but this can cross over as a dress hat. 2 7/8 brim.
Stetson7xLO4.jpg

Stetson7xLO3.jpg

Stetson7xLO2.jpg

Stetson7xLO.jpg

Also has a small silver cowboy pin attached to the ribbon.
Accurately dated to 1956

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou