Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
New Stagecoach!
Resistol Stagecoach Turkey Creek.
stageturk03.jpg

More pictures on the "new hats" thread.
Bigger problem Joao.... Now you to choose between 51 hats !!! ;-)

Not a bad thing at all !!

Nice Resistol indeed

Monte

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes.
Jeff, very cool pics. Wear that one anywhere.
Joao, make sure you make plenty of occasions to wear it. If not, it's just a piece of a collection.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hello,

I am buying a Coober Pedy, have to decide between Sand and Bluegrass Grenn.

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated !!

I live in Mexico, not a place for heavy dark hats !

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hello Howard,

I just ordered today one Snowy River in Santone Fawn, One Cattleman in Sand and one Coober Pedy in Bluegrass Green, that is what you work for isn´t it?

Will send some pics as soon as I get them.

Cattleman and Snowy will be here in 2 weeks, Coober Pedy 3 month wait !

Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely.

Rodolfo.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Chamuco. Good choice and what a great question. I have can make a comment on the colours I have.
Santone Fawn: Great classic Akubra colour. I have had this hat for ages. Daily wear for over two years then casual wear. Colour goes with just about anything. Dust and dirt doesn't show up on it. I have sweat threw the thing more than a few times mowing lawns and it shows no sign of visible sweat stains. Classic Akubra hat in a classic colour.
Black: Second most common colour. Replaced my Santone for a daily wear hat for about three years. Colour goes with anything as well. Dust and dirt shows up on this hat like a neon sign. If you like that look its fine but all it takes is a light brushing and its back to looking new. I have sweat threw this one as well and no sweat stain either. Only added comment I will make is it does get hot in the sun wearing a black hat. May or may not be an issue depending on how you handle heat.
Sand: Nice looking Colour. Very rarely worn. Two reasons 1. I got it at a time I was buying a lot of hats. 2. It gets dirty very easily. If you like a beaten up worn look this is a hat for you. If you like your hats looking clean and new this is not a hat for you unless you are planning on babying it. Dry cleaning pad wold be recommended. finger prints show up on this hat when you are doing yardwork.
Rodeo Red: Love this colour on women. Bought it for my wife, she never wears it so my little girls wear it. Fantastic primary red. Rarely do photo's get the colour right, ends up looking pink.
Nothing really to say from personal experience about the other colours but the grey does look fantastic. I have grey hats that are not Akubra and they get a lot of use.
One more thing I should say. If you are leaning towards a black hat the new "Croc" model looks like a Snowyriver with a crocodile band with teeth. Little more expensive but looks bad ass as well.
Hope that helps some.
Johnny

Well Johnny,

I finally made up my mind and ordered 3 hats from Sam.

1.- Santone Fawn Snowy River, cant get more Australian than that, will ship right away.

2.- Cattleman in Fawn, will be pampered and well taken care of, will ship right away.

3.- Coober Pedy in Bluegrass Green, this one will ship in 3 months.

Will send you pics of them as soon as they arrive here, all what Weinstein and you told me helped me a lot !

Sincerely.

Rodolfo.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well Johnny,

I finally made up my mind and ordered 3 hats from Sam.

1.- Santone Fawn Snowy River, cant get more Australian than that, will ship right away.

2.- Cattleman in Fawn, will be pampered and well taken care of, will ship right away.

3.- Coober Pedy in Bluegrass Green, this one will ship in 3 months.

Will send you pics of them as soon as they arrive here, all what Weinstein and you told me helped me a lot !

Sincerely.

Rodolfo.

Nice choices. Looking forward to seeing them.
Johnny

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Hello Howard,

I just ordered today one Snowy River in Santone Fawn, One Cattleman in Sand and one Coober Pedy in Bluegrass Green, that is what you work for isn´t it?

Will send some pics as soon as I get them.

Cattleman and Snowy will be here in 2 weeks, Coober Pedy 3 month wait !

Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely.

Rodolfo.

Hi, Rodolfo --

I'm sure you'll love them all! I just finished turning my recently arrived Akubra Arena into this "gambler" style. Went from a very tall cattleman crown and 4" brim to a 4.25" telescope crown and 3 3/8" brim. This is also my first attempt at adding a pencil curl to the brim. I'll post more on how I did that soon.

Howard

w6vbk8.jpg

zxp2co.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk