Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Beaded hatband is just over halfway done now. The math for my hat size works out to be 11 diamonds.

30cq3r7.jpg

Anxious to see it on the hat,Jack.Nice work.
It's being beaded by a lady who does custom bead work in the Native American fashion. I'm anxious to see it on my hat also.

Some yrs ago I made the friendship of an elderly Cherokee woman who supported herself with beadwork, etc in her old age. After we became acquainted & she learned I was a buyer she would periodically just show up in a Taxi at my office in my home. If she had things for sale that I was interested in I would pay the fare & send the Taxi on, she would come inside & we would look at all her things & conduct business. When we were finished I would call for a Taxi again & she would go on her way. The last couple of times I saw her she was getting so old & feable that her daughter would accompany her on her rounds. She has since passed on. I have horsehair belts, beaded belts & hatbands, medicine bags, saddle horn bags & a canteen cover among other things. I think of her every time I use one of them.

My beaded hatband arrived today & I am very pleased with how well the colors go with the hat! Just enough contrast between the taupe & chocolate brown beads, & the green beads to give some color against the hat. The hat is just a shade darker pecan than the pic but the bead colors are accurate.

246q4q8.jpg

2m3l409.jpg

npi5vo.jpg

2h4yqvm.jpg

SknyBlt

New in Town
The green does look very good on that hat. I very much like the finished product, band & hat together. Not to take attention from your post, but I figured I'd post a few pics of my newest addition. It's a black Akubra Riverina with 4" brim. Supposedly it was a limited run for the Riverina 4" brim. I'm sure some here will know more about that. I put a slight curl on the brim and added a paracord hat band. I'm really liking the hat band by the way. $15 was a steal IMO. Its become my daily hat. It's been through a couple down pours, several long days of working fence repairs, and is holding up nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 222
The green does look very good on that hat. I very much like the finished product, band & hat together. Not to take attention from your post, but I figured I'd post a few pics of my newest addition. It's a black Akubra Riverina with 4" brim. Supposedly it was a limited run for the Riverina 4" brim. I'm sure some here will know more about that. I put a slight curl on the brim and added a paracord hat band. I'm really liking the hat band by the way. $15 was a steal IMO. Its become my daily hat. It's been through a couple down pours, several long days of working fence repairs, and is holding up nicely.
SB, welcome to the forum! I like your hat also & you wear it well. By curl on the brim, you mean the packer front? Keep wearing it daily! Glad you're here!

SknyBlt

New in Town
Though I did pull the front and back down a bit more then original, the curl I was referring to was the sides. They originally were flat w almost a downward angle. I just gave them a slight upward tick.

I've had this cheap unbranded Charlie 1 Horse in a bone color from a wedding party some yrs ago. The felt is thick & stiff; the finish is rough with plenty of powder, so I only wore it but a couple of times after the ceremony. Yesterday I brought down the brim but left it untrimmed & put a bit of a packer draw in the front, and converted the drover/gambler crease for a western fedora. Maybe now it will get some early summertime wear.

2ijql37.jpg

10ib8gi.jpg

jamesmac1801

One of the Regulars
Well this hat is long overdue to be posted. I've had it about a year. I really like it I only don't wear it because it's small. Well western hat wearers and Military collectors alike check this out. 70s western hat in Vietnam tiger stripe camo.

2b824cd56463b3b7dfb9d638ffa1dd9f.jpg

98ec13b4593f32029cc5edab5bf1775f.jpg

cb87c95e8eb33a5cfbd3fccfc8ebfa6f.jpg

0d62e87b0863e53ae48af0075ae90960.jpg

f0baf87535313e53131e9c19389a9fe1.jpg
8c4c149e5dbb3aa2af043aa18f5ab36f.jpg

This hat I would say is probably size 6 7/8-7. I'm 7 1/8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo