Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
@Joao Encarnado , Did anything show up , yet ? Or do you know the ETA on the (Can't recall? Stagecoach ?) and Mackey ?
Both hats are travelling through different "ways", Stagecoach is normal mail service (USPS-CTT) and the Mackey through ebay's GSP.
The Stagecoach is in portuguese customs. USPS tracking shows it departed Newark airport and portuguese mail service (CTT) shows it was accepted in San Francisco -.-'
Mackey is probably about to arrive London since it was shipped from Pitney Bowes in Erlanger, Kentuchy.

So you can understand this better (green = done, yellow = yet to happen):
Stagecoach -> seller -> USPS -> international shipping -> portuguese customs -> CTT -> me
Mackey -> seller -> USPS -> Pitney bowes -> international shipping -> London -> Madrid -> CTT -> me

I predict the Mackey will be delivered next friday or monday after that weekend.
I can't predict when the Stagecoach will be delivered (probably I will have to pick it up at the customs house as usual because of their incompetence and portuguese government wanting more tax money)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Got ya , on my email the colors showed , but not on here (Well , the more I look I think it does , I'm color blind ,but I think I see it , now). Do you have to pay the "TAX" (can't remember what that thievery is called) , if its a gift ? I bet you'll love the Mackey Custom .

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yes I do. And if I don't have an invoice, I have to fill a form stating the value of the item and that I'm not selling it in the EU. Then I'm taxed what whatever I put there (item value + shipping cost).

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Here's a noggin shot of the Junstin 4X, brushed it out a bit and got the dust off.

i-LTZ5sN4-L.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I actually had a guy's wife ask me where I got my hat today when we went to lunch. I complimented the gentleman on his Panama straw hat and we had a great chat about hats.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Looks good! You've got the physical size & shoulders to make a western hat look good.
LOL. I know... I've been trying to lose that weight for about 5 years!

Thanks, guys, for all the great comments. It's a relatively inexpensive Shepler's exclusive/Justin hat but I like the front pinch style so much more than the usual cattleman crease you see everywhere. Maybe that's the difference between a cowboy hat and a western hat???

Co-worker commented on this hat and I replied: you know what they say... "All hat, no cattle." :cool:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I understood. I was just kidding around. Thanks for the comments. :)

We went to lunch yesterday before the movie, and I complimented an older gent on his Panama straw hat. I thought it was a Stetson, but it was a Pendleton (maybe made by Stetson?). We got talking and both he and his wife said they liked my hat a lot and wanted to know where I got it. It's cool when you can get talking about hats like that.

A young girl, maybe 9 or 10, walked by our table wearing a nice little straw Trilby type hat and I said, "nice hat!" She turned and smiled real big and said "thanks!" Her parents were right there and they were wearing your basic cover-my-nasty-hairdo baseball caps. I have ball caps, too, but don't seem to be wearing them anymore... :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR