Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

My Dorer bar 50 as sold by Orvis that I snagged for less than $50. Don't care much for the plain felted band but I'll probably keep it on because of the silverware.
CIMG2442.JPG
CIMG2443.JPG
CIMG2444.JPG
CIMG2445.JPG
CIMG2446.JPG
CIMG2447.JPG
CIMG2448.JPG

TPD166

One Too Many
I know some of you do this yourself, so maybe it's not a big deal to you, but I was more than impressed by Paris Hatters fixing my brim yesterday. When I walked in I was greeted by the owner, Abe Cortez. After exchanging our usual pleasantries, he asked what I needed. I showed him the nick in the brim edge & planned to leave the hat because the shop was full of customers. Abe said "Come on" & montioned for me to follow him. He picked up a brim cutter & began working on my hat. After the cut, he sanded it smooth & handed me back my hat - good as new - and no charge! From the time I walked thru the door to leaving couldn't have been more than three minutes total (and he took a phone call while cutting). You can't get better service than that - which is why I've been a Paris Hatters customer for years!

Picked up this vintage (late ‘60s-early ‘70s) Resistol 5X cattleman hat last weekend in a Comfort, TX, antique shop - it has a small nick in the brim edge, otherwise it looks almost unworn. Very soft - unlike the usually "stiff-as-a-board" westerns of that era and later. I have a 7X Resistol from the same time frame, so I suspect 5X was close to their top felt at that point. I will get Paris Hatters to trim the brim for me a bit and I already have leather braided hatband on order from Outwest Saddlery.

I know some of you do this yourself, so maybe it's not a big deal to you, but I was more than impressed by Paris Hatters fixing my brim yesterday. When I walked in I was greeted by the owner, Abe Cortez. After exchanging our usual pleasantries, he asked what I needed. I showed him the nick in the brim edge & planned to leave the hat because the shop was full of customers. Abe said "Come on" & montioned for me to follow him. He picked up a brim cutter & began working on my hat. After the cut, he sanded it smooth & handed me back my hat - good as new - and no charge! From the time I walked thru the door to leaving couldn't have been more than three minutes total (and he took a phone call while cutting). You can't get better service than that - which is why I've been a Paris Hatters customer for years!

Nice to live near such a place, Robert. I like that hat as well.

TPD166

One Too Many
Thanks - the hat, though nothing special, is quickly turning into a favorite. Yes, Paris Hatters has always treated me well. I'm also lucky to live about an hour from Texas Hatters who also provides excellent service. I've had them do some custom work for me. Great folks all around.
Nice to live near such a place, Robert. I like that hat as well.

Just got this Stetson. I don't have many westerns so I don't know that much about them. This one has a 3.5" brim and a 1" ribbon. Has a few moth nibbles and needs a good cleaning but other than that is in fine shape.
View attachment 61289 View attachment 61291
View attachment 61292 View attachment 61293 View attachment 61294

Robert, great hat. I have a Stetson Nutria in natural? with a bound 3.5" brim and a 6" OC. The liner in mine is the embroidered mounted rider in the liner tip with Stetson Nutria embroidered underneath. The sweat is gold foil stamped "Nutria Quality." Never seen a sweat stamped as yours is. Yours is a mystery to me and a sweet find

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Without inspecting whats behind the sweatband, it might be any hat with a Stetson liner or it might be only the sweatband was replaced at some time.

40Cal

One Too Many
Robert, great hat. I have a Stetson Nutria in natural? with a bound 3.5" brim and a 6" OC. The liner in mine is the embroidered mounted rider in the liner tip with Stetson Nutria embroidered underneath. The sweat is gold foil stamped "Nutria Quality." Never seen a sweat stamped as yours is. Yours is a mystery to me and a sweet find
Thanks , Greg. It's looking like mine was made in the 1930's. Maybe an older version of yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran