Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I bought the hat about 15 years ago at a western store that was closing. I was in the store several times and never saw much I needed. When they got to 75% off and were in the final week I went in and there was almost nothing left and only two people running the store. I asked if it was OK to look in store room behind hat dept. There was a high shelf and a plastic bag was draped over the edge. I found the 1x2 with the T bar used by stores for getting top boxes off stacks and snagged and drug the bag down and that 500X was in it with its certificate good for one renovation. The display case or box that these are usually sold in was nowhere to be found. The clerks decided it was a $1200 hat and I paid the $300 markdown price and giggled all the way home. I would rate it as being almost indistinguishable from a Stetson 100X of that era but it has a much nicer band buckle set with a green stone set in it. I would say it has been pounced with more steps and with extra fine paper as finish step. Nicer sweatband too. Probably real silk liner. I'm not sure what the suggested retail would have been in 2001-2002 but I think it was more than $1200. It is the only hat I have that I REALLY reserve for very special occasions. I've worn it in formal settings with a tuxedo more than any other situation. I don't get dressed like that but about every 4 years so it has stayed prisitine. I don't care what is depicted in a Stetson liner, I ain't watering my horses with it.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'd say it was up there , and that was an excellent deal . On www.culturedcowboy.com ... top of the line Stetson Hats ...

ElPresidente100Xmistgyband.jpg

El Presidente Hatband with
10K gold buckle set
Diamante1000Xsilbelband.jpg

Diamante Hatband with
14k gold buckle set including 26 genuine diamonds
StetF-72SUPERIORSFSUPR-7242sbAhatband.jpg

ElPresidente100Xmistgy.jpg
Diamante1000Xsilbel.jpg
StetF-72SUPERIORSFSUPR-7242sbA.jpg

#STET- 0001 EL PRESIDENTE - Mist Grey
100X Premier Felt with carrying case.

4'' or 3.5" Brim. 5" Crown Height. Profile 01
Sizes: 6 5/8 - 7 3/4
Available Colors: 34-Mist Grey, 72-White, 61-Silver Belly or 07-Black
CC Price: White/Mist Grey/Silver Belly: $825.99
Compare at: Silver Belly:$1000.00
Black:$781.99
Black:$900.00
Also available in Profile 48 - 0048 El PRESIDENTE

#STET- 1M48 DIAMANTE - Silver Belly
1000X Premier Felt with carrying case.

4'' or 3 1/2" Brim. 4 5/8" Crown Height. Profile 48
Sizes: 6 3/4 - 7 3/4
Available Colors: 61-Silver Belly, 07-Black, 34-Mist Grey, or 72-White
CC Price: $4,075.99
Compare at: $5,000
Also available in Profile 01 - 1M01 DIAMANTE

#STET-7242 SUPERIOR- Silver Belly
100X Premier Felt with carrying case.
Sterling Silver Buckle Set w/ Gold Rosettes

4" or 4 1/4" Brim. 4 1/4" Crown Height. Profile 72
Available Colors: 61-Silver Belly, J7- Silver Beaver, 07- Black, 22- Chocolate, or 72- White
CC Price: Other: $876.99
Compare at: Silver Belly:$1000.00
Black:$781.99

***My bookmark goes straight to the fancy Stetsons , but that goes to the site generally . Sorry I didn't link it right .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Any grizzly felt fans? This is my vintage Biltmore Grand beaver. The crown is extra tall withe a 3.5" brim. One of the many grizzlys in my collection

I've got a Stetson Grizzly , came close to ordering one from Catalena Hatters back in the late autumn and early winter ...

cf_sliverbelly_grizzly.jpg

They give you all the options , Crown Height , Brim Width , yada yada . But there are others .

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
I live in Bryan, Texas where Catalena hatters is located. They do awesome work I know the Catalena brothers quite well.

I've got a Stetson Grizzly , came close to ordering one from Catalena Hatters back in the late autumn and early winter ...

cf_sliverbelly_grizzly.jpg

They give you all the options , Crown Height , Brim Width , yada yada . But there are others .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Why not?

I have 1 Resistol Panda, 2 Thoroughbred, 1 Stetson and 1 Stetson Real Nutria.

I just didn't yet . I only wear Long Hairs in the winter , and I held off . I might get one sometime to my specs . I'm sure I'd enjoy it more . I always admired Larry Mahan's from back in the Day on the circuit , and the Hat Jerry Jeff Walker wore on his Reunion album ...

th-11.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24