Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
1940 Russell Lee Kodachrome

4998134369_3287739e88_b.jpg

Lots of brim roll.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Location Robert? Different areas have different brim shapes like Texas vs Wyoming. You see chaps in 1 area & chinks in another, same for spur rowels & straps...
Photo is from Pie Town, New Mexico.

charlesb303

New in Town
Need help with a Stetson hat

I hope someone here can help me. I own a few hats and two happen to be Stetsons. One I have owned for over 30 years and fits like a glove and has since I bought it new. The second is also a Steston and the same style hat but has a bit of A wider brim and it a wee bit taller in the crown and was bough for me by my brother after he looked in my old Stetson and got the size from it. It was a used hat but was never worn by the first owner and still had all the tags and slip that comes with new hats. It even had the original box. Now the question is this. The hat is a Stetson Black Stallion Blackhawk and was made to fit a round head shape and I have an oval. I own a few fedoras also but they all fit and never had to look for hat repair in Denver (I did and found none but a few who custom build hats and they couldn't help me) and one out of state hat cleaner told me it can be made to fit by taking out the wire under the inner band and replacing it an oval. The only thing wrong with that is I am sure there isn't any wire under the sweatband, I looked at how Stetson made hats and they don't use that method, it's shaped on different forms at the factory and then coated to make them stiff to hold the shape. Can this hat be made to fit me and does anyone know who in my area (Denver, CO) can help me with this. I'll appreciate any help at all.

Bebop

Practically Family
Hi

I'm getting REAL close to calling Roy at Jaxonbilt hats for the Non-traditional Campaign hat. I looked at Rand Hat's website and
http://www.randhats.com/hat_detail.cfm?CID=1000,2000&id=if20l1636sgsbt

looks pretty good, but no prices. Jaxonbilt is $265 for a 50% beaver. Is Rand's more or less expensive? There aren't any prices on their website.

Thanks

Rand hats are totally custom made to order so price depends on how much beaver you want, ribbon type and more. I'm sure they can give you a price if you call or email and answer a few questions. I'm pretty sure that they are much more expensive than $265.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart