Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Yahoody

One Too Many
This is the part I do not understand...

Thank you. Good horses are easy to find. Good hats? Not so much. Likely would be considered a Sugar Loaf hat... but with little work it would be a classic sombero.

https://www.riverjunction.com/The-Real-Sugar-Loaf--10X-Fur-Felt_p_104.html

:)

cfbc9e0bd140b7856e7db68276a5be3d--castro-brothers-western-movies.jpg

or

as good as the famous Captain Call "rude behavior" scene I think :)

"FEW FLYS IN THE PULQUE BUT NOT TOO"

Last edited:

Yahoody

One Too Many
Wind up to 25mph is common here. Only known down side to a hat Joao and I might approve of :)

Noting the wind speed is common when wearing a 5" brimmed hat. When the wind hits gusts of 35+, like they were here earlier this morning, things can get a little trying. Thankfully it never lasts long. Key to a hat with some stick'um? It is not a wind string...as one might have thought, but a tight fit and a "high and tight" :) It is all about that leather to leather contact!

Here are a couple of shots from my Stetson Western Hat catalog from the Late 50's early 60's....Some have commented on my statement about Stetson and their re-invention and renaming of various hat models INCLUDING their iconic Boss of the Plains....this catalog shows this and more including a renaming on a model listed right in the catalog (the High Mesa). Has a great poem "My Old Stetson Hat"!!!!!More here at: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...a-of-the-golden-era.92141/page-4#post-2375635
M:)
Poem.jpg
Catalog Cover.jpg
Boss of the Plains.jpg
High mesa.jpg
Open road.jpg

Moviehats

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member