Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I have to share this one. It's rough, but it's old. Brim curl has a bit of a wave on the left hand side.
Made in England!?
IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg
IMG_4565.jpg

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Sad

That's sad really.. They look at us strange here too, just not as much I guess. Over ten days in Texas and NM (Christmas holiday) I saw less that ten! Admittedly, I was mostly on the road and in the city, in Amarillo and Taos. The younger crowd is just not into them; all ball caps! I did visit a few nice restaurants with hat/boots and attracted a-bit of attention. Everyone in Taos seemed to think we were from Dallas, go figure (i.e. Tennessee hillbilly accent):D Ron

ukali1066 said:
I really envy the American loungers...you can get away with wearing Western hats....over here in the UK it's looked on as very strange...I'd love to be able to

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
That "taco shell" hat looks somewhat like what we call in California a "Shady Brady," at least the same look, but the Bradys usually have feathers or stuff for a hat band.

I would love to get a cavalry hat and have it styled like the one John Wayne wore in the John Ford cavalry trilogy. There was a gal wearing that kind of hat in the Rose Bowl parade, riding with a bunch of western riders. Some nice hats in that group.

karol

vintage68

Practically Family
K.D. Lightner said:
I would love to get a cavalry hat and have it styled like the one John Wayne wore in the John Ford cavalry trilogy. There was a gal wearing that kind of hat in the Rose Bowl parade, riding with a bunch of western riders. Some nice hats in that group.

karol

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but for a cavalry hat check out Jaxonbilthats.com.

I liked their cavalry hat so much I bought two!!

Nigel

One of the Regulars
ukali1066 said:
I really envy the American loungers...you can get away with wearing Western hats....over here in the UK it's looked on as very strange...I'd love to be able to

To hell with what folks think, if you like the hat wear it. I live over here (England) and I wear my westerns on a regular basis.
normal_western_hat2.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman, That's got to be the widest pencil-roll I've seen in a long time, and "MADE IN ENGLAND"!!! Super nice specimen. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Please do...

You guys that have several westerns should keep it going. I only have two, but I'm working on it. I do love to see them! Ron

Bud-n-Texas said:
Resitol Black Gold I bought at The National Western in Denver Co. late 80's early 90's.
319sml.jpg

Nashoba

One Too Many
psssst.....you fella's aren't the only ones who wear 'em...

Both of these were taken last March. The first is me singing at the Wild Horse Saloon in Nashville wearing my western...
DSCN0687.jpg

And this one is a better shot of it with my aunt...
FSCN0696.jpg

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Whoo Hoo

Nice hat... Model as well:D Ron

Nashoba said:
Both of these were taken last March. The first is me singing at the Wild Horse Saloon in Nashville wearing my western...
DSCN0687.jpg

And this one is a better shot of it with my aunt...
FSCN0696.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Here's another one, I'm sorry you can't see the hat too well, it's a 20X straw bangora made for Justin by Milano Hats. The photo was taken on a ranch outside Vegas. I have about a half a dozen western hats but sadly not too many pics of me wearing them.
normal_ranch_ride_forum.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points