Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And if one pops up in 7 1/2 or larger it’s dog eat dog. Heck, for just a second I thought about sizing up the 7 3/8, but I just couldn’t bring myself to ruin that sweatband and permanently alter the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think you made the right decision!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
And if one pops up in 7 1/2 or larger it’s dog eat dog. Heck, for just a second I thought about sizing up the 7 3/8, but I just couldn’t bring myself to ruin that sweatband and permanently alter the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree with you. I have passed on some smaller sizes as well because I didn't want to remove the SB.

Been wearing a 1960's 3X OR while running some errands. Conforms to my head perfectly in just a short while.

IMG_4337.jpg

Yamahana

One Too Many
Ha Ha! I have to compete with Bamaboots and Yamahana! Every once in a while I throw a bigger loop and get lucky! Although if I am going to lose out, I prefer to lose to them!

I’m not much competition. I’m a budget conscious, value for the dollar kinda guy. One of the blessings of being raised by parents who experienced both the Great Depression and WW2.

Just got this Beaver Brand dress western. First one of theirs I've owned. It's a little heavier felt than my 4X Open Road, but was about a third of the price of the new 6X I had been studying on. The color is called Adobe. It looks like Silverbelly against the hood of my black truck in broad sunlight, but is a much darker color indoors. Shade and heft notwithstanding, it's a decently nice enough hat and it'll get thrown into regular rotation come cooler weather.

4ebfc901ddea178d00fc348e2b87ca0a.jpg

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Just got this Beaver Brand dress western.

Don't know much about Beaver brand, Cuz other than what I've read here. I think Matt Deckard spoke fondly of them before they bit the dust. That's a good looking one to me. Big fan of two and three ply ribbons. Also, this one looks as if it might be a 3X6.

I didn't respond to your Akubra vs 6X question when you posted it as I have never owned a CD or a modern 6X but I have handled the 6X plenty in the western shops around here and I wouldn't waste anything more than my time on one. Some folks around here own multiple Akubra's and though there is hardly ever over the top recommendations for them for them, no one ever knocks them for their durability and ability to take the weather. Everyone says best for the $$$. I think HJ has 6 CD's. I think you'll be much happier with the Beaver.

Don't know much about Beaver brand, Cuz other than what I've read here. I think Matt Deckard spoke fondly of them before they bit the dust. That's a good looking one to me. Big fan of two and three ply ribbons. Also, this one looks as if it might be a 3X6.

I didn't respond to your Akubra vs 6X question when you posted it as I have never owned a CD or a modern 6X but I have handled the 6X plenty in the western shops around here and I wouldn't waste anything more than my time on one. Some folks around here own multiple Akubra's and though there is hardly ever over the top recommendations for them for them, no one ever knocks them for their durability and ability to take the weather. Everyone says best for the $$$. I think HJ has 6 CD's. I think you'll be much happier with the Beaver.
Thanks Cuz.

It's 2.5 x 5. You know how I dig the stingies. It's definitely a sturdy felt, but not a full western weight, and finished fairly smooth. I'll happily wear the hell out of it when the summer weather backs off a little.

There's a men's shop in downtown Birmingham that does not even remotely cater to the western wear crowd, but they do have an impressive selection of fedoras . They used to stock Beaver Brand alongside their Dobbs and Stetsons. They seemed like as good as any of the others, if not better than some. I haven't been in there in quite a few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some dead stock laying around. Never saw anything like this one, though.

Thanks Cuz.

It's 2.5 x 5. You know how I dig the stingies. It's definitely a sturdy felt, but not a full western weight, and finished fairly smooth. I'll happily wear the hell out of it when the summer weather backs off a little.

There's a men's shop in downtown Birmingham that does not even remotely cater to the western wear crowd, but they do have an impressive selection of fedoras . They used to stock Beaver Brand alongside their Dobbs and Stetsons. They seemed like as good as any of the others, if not better than some. I haven't been in there in quite a few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some dead stock laying around. Never saw anything like this one, though.

Nice looking hat Dale.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk