Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Still working on this Resistol Ridgetop. The original open crown height was just a little over 6 inches. After the reblocking it's now a vertical sided 5 3/4 inches, plus one size larger. It retained its 3 1/4 brim width but to me it didn't look proportionate to the new crown height. I trimmed the brim to 3 inches so now it looks more proportioned for a better balance between crown height and brim width. I'll be keeping it Western.
IMG-20210505-082107742.jpg

Still working on this Resistol Ridgetop. The original open crown height was just a little over 6 inches. After the reblocking it's now a vertical sided 5 3/4 inches, plus one size larger. It retained its 3 1/4 brim width but to me it didn't look proportionate to the new crown height. I trimmed the brim to 3 inches so now it looks more proportioned for a better balance between crown height and brim width. I'll be keeping it Western.
IMG-20210505-082107742.jpg
nice cut!

Thanks. There is definitely a heather effect going on. The color is called “dirt” and a few companies are making hats from it...I believe American Hat Co. Is one.

View attachment 332433 View attachment 332434
I visited the custom hat shop Burns Saddlery in Salina Utah a few years back. He had a wall rack filled with capelines. It seemed to me (like Ford's Model T) you could have any colour you wanted as long as it was Dirt. It is a great colour...especially with this light heather effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112