Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

msm007

One of the Regulars
You're welcome :). While I'm working out what I want in a custom Western, this thread provides an excellent design reference for me. Any benefit the rest of you get out of it is a plus lol!

I couldn't agree more. I love the expert advice and the photos of new and old hats that we can see.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's pretty interesting:

Their "About US" page has a subsection devoted to the "Death Valley '49ers Boss of the Plains" hat. According to their website, John Stetson's son Henry Stetson was involved with the '49ers. Not sure if this is true or not, but they claim Henry Stetson commisioned a commemorative Boss of the Plains hat for the organization.

I wonder if this is essentially a recreation of the original, or if the dimensions are different? There seems to be just as much variation in their hats as in any BotP I've seen elsewhere. Curious...

Here's the link if you are interested.

You're welcome :). While I'm working out what I want in a custom Western, this thread provides an excellent design reference for me. Any benefit the rest of you get out of it is a plus lol!

You may have already looked at it but just watched the movie again. That hat that Vito Mortensen wears has a great brim on it...
vito1.jpg

Neophyte

You may have already looked at it but just watched the movie again. That hat that Vito Mortensen wears has a great brim on it...
vito1.jpg

Would you mind telling me what movie this is? I need to see the rest of the hat :), and that upward tilt ain't doin' me no favors lol!

Neophyte

Sounds you need to make a weekend road trip to the outskirts of Memphis...

Why?.........
.....Ohhhhhhhh :D, I get it!

Our winter break here is around a month long (shocking, I know), so I guess I'll try. I've never driven 6 hours before, though...gonna be tough...

Why?.........

Our winter break here is around a month long (shocking, I know), so I guess I'll try. I've never driven 6 hours before, though...gonna be tough...

For a college kid, that is nothing. That is about how long it takes to drive from Atlanta to Panama City Beach for Spring Break or a weekend road trip for oysters at Appalachacola. You ain't even leaving the state of TN!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Why?.........

Well it's about time !! :) Be thankfull you don't live here. My first long raod trip was when I & some friends in High School drove down to Houston one weekend, (over 300 miles from up here) and we made it in 6 hours down and spent some time their and drove back the SAME day :) Piece a cake for a young guy like you :)

Well it's about time !! :) Be thankfull you don't live here. My first long raod trip was when I & some friends in High School drove down to Houston one weekend, (over 300 miles from up here) and we made it in 6 hours down and spent some time their and drove back the SAME day :) Piece a cake for a young guy like you :)

Yeah Man,
Everything's a long drive when you live in Texas. Just think though Neo, what if you could go to that store and look at all those nice hats?

I say go for it, dude. You're young, unattached and there are hats to be had!

EggHead

Practically Family
I used to drive from San Francisco to Oregon for a weekend (my parents farm) - 7 1/2 hours one way, when I was in college and the pickup that I had wasn't comfortable, but I was young!! and could sleep for a few hours in the front seat if I got tired.

majormoore

Vendor
If it is gone, we can make one in your size, just jump in the car and drive over some weekend, that is the best way to see differant hats and options on hats.

Major Moore

I wonder if this one's still sitting around in the Major's shop:

newhatu-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR