Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

One Too Many
Has anyone ever considered replicating a custom version of The Duke's signature tattered western?
wayne.jpg
When I was a little boy the Wayne´s hat were my favourite so like the Mc Queen´s hat in Nevada Smith movie, what a times ¡¡¡¡

msm007

One of the Regulars

BR Gordon

One Too Many
A group of us after a days roundup. The rifles and side arms are only for the photo, as the fellow sitting, with a sweater on, is visiting from England. This photo was taken in 1974.

My hat is a Stetson that I purchased about 1972 in Grants New Mexico, while working there one year. I can’t tell you anything about the other hats, except these are the hats that they wore everyday.

You'll have to excuse the poor quality of this photo. It's a scan of an old photo.

Last edited:
A group of us after a days roundup. The rifles and side arms are only for the photo, as the fellow sitting, with a sweater on, is visiting from England. This photo was taken in 1974.

My hat is a Stetson that I purchased about 1972 in Grants New Mexico, while working there one year. I can’t tell you anything about the other hats, except these are the hats that they wore everyday.

You'll have to excuse the poor quality of this photo. It's a scan of an old photo.

The Wild Bunch!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a Resistol I picked up on Ebay not too long ago. I really, really like this hat. The untapered Ft. Worth crease is fantastic, and the 3.5'' brim width is just right for me. I think my favorite part about this hat is the peach-colored liner.

Resistol3-1.jpg

Resistol6.jpg

Resistol5.jpg

Resistol2.jpg

Really nice Alex!

I gave this front and rear crease to a Resistol golden Beaver 50... I think it's a great look, though I like it better on your hat which appears to have a higher crown than mine.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Alex,
THAT is one damn nice Resistol !! I had a grey one with a Cattleman crease and same size brim back in the '70s with that same colored liner. It got seriously stomped on by a colt I was showing in Ft. Worth so got relegated to a barn hat. That one you have looks brand new and looks GOOD on ya. A keeper for sure :)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Someone in this forum said I should try a brown hat. After searching in ebay for somw weeks I got this Stetson 3x Beaver:

brownstetson1.jpg

brownstetson2.jpg

brownstetson3.jpg

brownstetson4.jpg

Must get a better shot of the brown... my camera have the batteries flat!
What is the name of this crease?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Got this 5x Stetson really cheap from ebay.
I got most stains off and reshaped it (my first try).
Have Stetson ever made 5x wool hats? I ask this because this hat doesn't state it's a beaver on leatherband, only have xxxxx stetson, stetson circular logo and the name of the store.

This is how it arrived to me.
5xstet0.jpg

5xstet1.jpg

Must take some pictures after. :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Got this 5x Stetson really cheap from ebay.
I got most stains off and reshaped it (my first try).
Have Stetson ever made 5x wool hats? I ask this because this hat doesn't state it's a beaver on leatherband, only have xxxxx stetson, stetson circular logo and the name of the store.

This is how it arrived to me.
5xstet0.jpg

5xstet1.jpg

Must take some pictures after. :)

How did you get the stains out? Looking forward to the "after" shots!

Ps. I still have that diamond horseshoe pin for you.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Better pictures of my brown 3x beaver stetson:
brownstet5.jpg

brownstet6.jpg

brownstet7.jpg

How did you get the stains out? Looking forward to the "after" shots!
Here are some. I washed it with hot water (not very hot), soap and a not very hard brush.
The ones that remain didn't receive soap nor I brush them.

5xstet2.jpg

5xstet3.jpg

5xstet4.jpg

It needs a had stiffener but I can't buy it on my country because it does not exist and I can't import it...

Ps. I still have that diamond horseshoe pin for you.

I though you had forgotten or returned the hat :)
Thanks!
EDIT: My bad... didn't noticed the notification...

That is not a wool hat. It is fur felt but what fur & what percentage is a HatCo secret.
My bet is rabbit & wild hare mixed.
I only recall to see adds for 3x fur felt. How old can this hat be?

Last edited:

Machine Ager

Familiar Face
Well as it's hotter than hell I post 2 of my favorites Palm Straws to deflect the UV.

First "My Austin" - Little dressy and different but still knows it's Texas roots - like Austin....

MyAustin.jpg

Second "My Gus" - Proud of this one as I re creased it myself..... from a traditional Ponderosa to my version of a Gus Crease

Gus.jpg

Apologize for pic quality did it with my Iphone - I'll break out a camera next time :) - Comments welcome!

MA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR