Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

3x6 7X CB on a Kimmel hat rack.
0D964104-E979-48D6-A338-A5EB9F81CAB5.jpeg
4FBFF89F-9626-4A98-9BDA-E1C9274751CD.jpeg

Who?

Practically Family
I am currently breaking in a Territory, from David Morgan (so it has a liner) It was delivered four weeks ago today, and I have been wearing it pretty much constantly in orde to fit it to my long-oval head.

I managed to get it rained on during a brief rain shower earlier this afternoon, and it seems that I can feel l the difference as it dries, and I am wearing it as I type this.

My two other Akubras are The Boss, in dark brown and sand. I like the Territory better because of the wider brim, so I can hide from the sun and rain better. Even though I am in New England, our UV index gets up to 10 around the time of the solstice, and even an occasional 11.

Not many here in CT wear a western/outback hat on a daily basis, and I am always surprised at how many compliments I get. I am old, tall, and scrawny.

My winter hat is a Gambler in black from Rand’s Hats, which I have had for so many years I don’t remember when I bought it. I really don’t want to wear a black hat in the summer.

It took me quite a while to remember my old password, so I could get back in. I didn’t remember my name, but fortunately had the good sense to use my email address.

Last edited:

Who?

Practically Family
I've never been in a Cracker Barrel but that cuppa Jo sure looks tasty.
The best grits I’ve ever had in a restaurant was in a Cracker Barrel in Maryland.

The fried catfish is good, and the “southern” fried chicken is very good in our local one.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi
Let's see, thick bacon, eggs, hash brown casserole, cornbread, grits, and coffee. Breakfast of Champions. The first time I remember eating at a Cracker Barrel was in Murfreesboro Tennessee the day before my daughter was born. They have both a sweeter ham and a saltier version. Grits are a fat transfer device, they taste like whatever you cook them with, butter and a lot of pepper is my usual choice.

I spent quite a bit of time at Bankhead National Forest also.
Later

Last edited:
Just started brushing up and working on my circa 1930 Marathon "Wyoming". Covered with dirt, critter damage and appropriately I guess.....wood fire ash.:oops:

This is one hell of a hat......7" Crown and 4 1/4" brim!!!!!!:D

I picked it up a few years ago and it needed isolation and rest....it was actually damp! So slowly dried with dehumidifying pellets and moth balls. Critters are all dead and the sweat and felt are none the worse for wear, which shows to the quality!!!!

It will still show its history when done including the ash stains but this hat will wear its history well.....AND
it is a true 7 1/2..........with the blocking tag to show it!!!!!:p

1655749336278.png
1655749376479.png
1655749396247.png

Just started brushing up and working on my circa 1930 Marathon "Wyoming". Covered with dirt, critter damage and appropriately I guess.....wood fire ash.:oops:

I picked it up a few years ago and it needed isolation and rest....it was actually damp! So slowly dried with dehumidifying pellets and moth balls. Critters are all dead and the sweat and felt are none the worse for wear, which shows to the quality!!!!

It will still show its history when done including the ash stains but this hat will wear its history well.....AND

View attachment 434217 View attachment 434218 View attachment 434219
Wonderful find, Mark. I’ll look forward to seeing your preservation & restoration progress. Glad it found its way to someone qualified such as yourself.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 434217 View attachment 434218 View attachment 434219
Can't wait to see the end result of this work in progress, Mark.

Good call to take it slowly.

Who?

Practically Family
After all the discussion here, we had lunch at Cracker Barrel today.

I had the trout, which was quite good, but far from when you pull them out of the water, whack them on the head, gut 'em and throw 'em in a frying pan.

I and one other guy,wearing some sort of floppy bucket/Tilley/boonie hat thing were the only ones who removed our hats to eat. All the guys with ball caps left them on, even one old guy who should have known better.

It ain't "fine dining" but it was good, and I had the best hat in the house by far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk