Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Costume Company Supply Store

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
By way of coincidence, when I was the drum major in high school, my dad drove downtown to Western Costume to rent me the Scottish feather bonnet, which is the huge shaggy hat with the four "tails" that hang down the side. The original plan was to return it when football season was over and there would be no more half time shows. Our football team went all the way to the championship (and won) so I kept the bonnet a little longer. When my dad called Western Costume to explain why it wasn't coming back at the agreed upon time and explained why, they said not to worry, keep the hat as long as the season lasts, no extra charge.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
By way of coincidence, when I was the drum major in high school, my dad drove downtown to Western Costume to rent me the Scottish feather bonnet, which is the huge shaggy hat with the four "tails" that hang down the side. The original plan was to return it when football season was over and there would be no more half time shows. Our football team went all the way to the championship (and won) so I kept the bonnet a little longer. When my dad called Western Costume to explain why it wasn't coming back at the agreed upon time and explained why, they said not to worry, keep the hat as long as the season lasts, no extra charge.

Cool! If ever I get to L.A. again, the tour of Western is top on my list.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
My one experience with Western Costume was not a very pleasant one. I went specifically to buy a somewhat expensive distressing kit for an independant film I was working on, and was completely ignored by all the staff. I nearly had to corner someone to get them to help me.
I would love to go to the research library there. When I went in the early 2000's they charged $20 an hour to use their library, but the stuff in there looked incredible. Lots of old bound books from who knows how long ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy