Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Ranch Outfitters / Stockmens Catalogs

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Fred Mueller's from 1966? I see why they had the "Hoss" model -- "Bonanza" was still on the air, and one of the most popular shows on TV. Another Denver outfit, huh?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Houston Hat Company 19??

image126tx.jpg

image127q.jpg

image128d.jpg

image129o.jpg

image130k.jpg

TomS

One Too Many
Question... I have a 3XXX with a price of 16.95. Would that put it prior to 1957? Just curious to know the thoughts of those wiser than I!
Thanks,
Tom

barrowjh

One Too Many
Thanks for posting that, carouselvic. Interesting all the hat 'names' that began with 'San.' Resistol's 'San Antonio' line name now seems like a throw-back, calling on those nostalgic western hat names, honoring that past.

Observation - both in nominal amounts and in proportion, notice the inflation. The braided horse hair band is 60 cents, or about 12% of the price of a $5 hat. Buckaroo Hatters' prices for similar braided horse hair bands is about $40 - about 12% of the price of his 50X hats at $325. The cheapest 3X beaver Stetson in the ad is $15, and 60 cents is only 4% of that amount. The $40 price is 4% of $1,000 - which is approximately the retail price of a new Stetson cowboy hat with any substantial beaver content. Just cannot resist noticing the 'prosperity' brought to us by the fed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24