Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Westride (Japan clothing brand)

jeo

One Too Many
It’s like a heavy weight CXl jacket that is wearable from day one without any break in. The Herc is just the normal 1.2mm Shinki. The highwayman is at least 1.4 1.5mm.
This is not my experience at all. I don't have one of those devices that measures thickness, but I'll bet my life that mine is more than 1.2 mm. I have many jackets that are listed at 1.2 mm and my RC Herc is significantly thicker.

I've also owned mine for a decently long time (2019) and it's barley broken in...and I wear it a lot and I put real wear on my jackets. It's also one of the most restrictive patterns I've ever owned. Almost like a straight jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
This is not my experience at all. I don't have one of those devices that measures thickness, but I'll bet my life that mine is more than 1.2 mm. I have many jackets that are listed at 1.2 mm and my RC Herc is significantly thicker.

I've also owned mine for a decently long time (2019) and it's barley broken in...and I wear it a lot and I put real wear on my jackets. It's also one of the most restrictive patterns I've ever owned. Almost like a straight jacket.
It’s best for him to try them on in person, especially at this price point. I went on a RC bender just this past winter and it was those reasons I did what I did. (Thicker leather no break in) And I stopped at the water buffalo windward from Mushman because it was thinner than the others. I’d favor my RC Hwyman over my RC Herc. Both were from last fall productions. RC G1s are my favourites, in both goat and horse.
Price and variations is why I would not recommend buying expensive jackets without trying. I took a gamble and they mostly turned out well but it could easily gone the other way.
The RC Herc is ultra slim. Almost painted on skin. (2022 FW) Size 42 is only 44” around the chest, tapers at the waist then flares out 42” around the hem, with only 19” shoulders and skinny arms. In comparison my Aero Herc in size 40 and this Westride Herc in 42 are about 2” bigger just about everywhere.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Rainbow Country is flawless. But they’re getting really expensive now. And people are asking more for them on the used market too. if you can try them on in person it’s worth the investment.
If you can, try out their Highwayman model too. It’s the same slim curve cut as the Herc but with a single yoke plain back and uses NOS Talon instead of the repro Hookless. The hookless is actually the better zip but Talon has its charm. The big thing about the RC Hwman is that it comes with thicker leather than the Herc. But all the seams are skived so it doesn’t feel bulky. That to me is what Rainbow country does best that no one else comes close. It’s like a heavy weight CXl jacket that is wearable from day one without any break in. The Herc is just the normal 1.2mm Shinki. The highwayman is at least 1.4 1.5mm.
Problem is the Highwayman is exclusive custom model for just Americaya in Ueno I believe? And they only make up to size 42, so I probably won't be able to fit into it unfortunately. I'd be interested in trying it but not in stock I believe, there's parts I prefer the Hercules like the back design, but I also prefer the collar shape on the Highwayman, I think it will roll nicely.

Also, sorry for derailing this into another Rainbow Country discussion!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Problem is the Highwayman is exclusive custom model for just Americaya in Ueno I believe? And they only make up to size 42, so I probably won't be able to fit into it unfortunately. I'd be interested in trying it but not in stock I believe, there's parts I prefer the Hercules like the back design, but I also prefer the collar shape on the Highwayman, I think it will roll nicely.
Which stores are you plan on going? Barnstormer has quite the selection too. And is there a street where all the used dealers are? Some of their used jackets are just like new, but cost much less.

jeo

One Too Many
I went on a RC bender just this past winter and it was those reasons I did what I did. (Thicker leather no break in)
I also owned an earlier RC Herc in horsehide and the leather was very pliable, almost spongy. But I bought it used so I'm not really sure how it was like when new.

Looking back at my records and I recieved my new RC Herc 11/17/2018. Maybe the leather on that run was different than your 2022 F/W edition.

And I stopped at the water buffalo windward from Mushman because it was thinner than the others. I’d favor my RC Hwyman over my RC Herc. Both were from last fall productions. RC G1s are my favourites, in both goat and horse.
I also owned an RC G-1 in goat which was new and that leather was very nice, but I didn't like the finish on it. Too shiny.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Which stores are you plan on going? Barnstormer has quite the selection too. And is there a street where all the used dealers are? Some of their used jackets are just like new, but cost much less.
Probably Barnstormer, not sure if anywhere else has any size 44s from my search. Barnstormer will have one soon, I hope it's still there by the time I go lol

I was considering going to Mushmans but there is not much in my size from their online store.

jeo

One Too Many
I was considering going to Mushmans but there is not much in my size from their online store.
Yeah that's tough if they don't have anything your size. I would still go if you can if you're interested in RC.

I consider Mushmans to be the place to get Rainbow Country jackets. Seems like they carry every single one of their models and have been carrying them since pretty much the beginning.

When I ordered mine from them, I was in communication with a gentleman named Ryohei who identified as the CEO. He eluded to the fact that they get first dibs for RC jackets. My RC Herc is the most perfectly executed jacket I've ever owned or had in hand. The other two that I had were nowhere near this level.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Yeah that's tough if they don't have anything your size. I would still go if you can if you're interested in RC.

I consider Mushmans to be the place to get Rainbow Country jackets. Seems like they carry every single one of their models and have been carrying them since pretty much the beginning.

When I ordered mine from them, I was in communication with a gentleman named Ryohei who identified as the CEO. He eluded to the fact that they get first dibs for RC jackets. My RC Herc is the most perfectly executed jacket I've ever owned or had in hand. The other two that I had were nowhere near this level.
Thank you for the advice, I will take some time to go to Mushmans, they carry many things that I like and maybe I can squeeze into a 42, I doubt it though. Or maybe if Barnstormer falls through I can do a special order with Mushmans or put a preorder when they take them next.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Probably Barnstormer, not sure if anywhere else has any size 44s from my search. Barnstormer will have one soon, I hope it's still there by the time I go lol

I’ve seen one there for the longest time and then someone nabbed it. This years is houndstooth lining I believe. You’ve gotta try it on. It may be Wide at the hem 22” plus, but there’s a nip at the waist so it might work. Or maybe the guy who nabbed the 44 will put it up bnw for half off then It’s a deal. Haha. I find a lot of remorse buyers put up their bnwt expensive jackets a few months after receiving at a discount. That’s how I got my RC G1. And you’re right the Herc do come with a pointier collar than the Hwman, and the Hwyman is slightly bigger with no waist nip. I’ll get to the photos soon.

rcdcr

New in Town
I've been looking at trying out this brand for a while. How's the quality of the goatskin? How heavy is the jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm