Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whaddya think of 'Corcoran'-style jump boots?

Steveb1

Familiar Face
Corcoran Jump Boot's. I absolutely love them. You can still by them new. The pair that I have has the zipper's on the sides so they're easier to take on and off. Very comfortable and great ankle support.

jack p

New in Town
I wore these boots in class A uniform while I was in the army, while I have to agree that they are very stylish I never thought they were confortable to wear for long periods of time. Standing took a toll on me and walking in them was even worse, I made the mistake once to take the Corcoran II jump boots on a 12k road march when I was a private and it tore me up. I'd take a pair of Welco jungle boots with tennis shoe sole anyday of the week, however once I left the service I gave my boots to my little brother and he wore those jump boots religously.

Liquesence

New in Town
Having worn some type of combat boots since i was 10-12 (i am now 32), i have had--and worn--my Corcoran jump boots--bought new (before the company was sold?)--for 10 years now. I have worn them practically every day and they are the MOST COMFORTABLE pieces of footwear i own or have ever worn. Even on the rare occasion I wear tennis shoes, slipping my feet back into the Corcs is like getting into a hot bath, or sauna, or getting a massage. Took awhile to break in, but i would never trade them for anything. They are a piece of me, a definition of me, and I feel naked without them. Corcoran jump boots get a vote from me.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I'm still digging my Corcorans and, as Liquesence attested so eloquently, they have indeed become uber-comfy! The lack of grip in the snow and ice meant that I couldn't wear 'em for a coupla weeks but now that it's all melted (thankfully!), I'm back to loving 'em bigtime! Just out of interest, has anyone had the outer sole on their Corcorans replaced with cleated commando versions? I'm considering getting our excellent local cobbler to do this, to give the boots a decent amount of grip in the ice, seeing as apparently we're due another session of snow in January...

Charles50

New in Town
I had the same boots in jump school at Fort Benning. We would add another sole to them so they had a double sole. Went to Viet Nam and used jungle boots the jungle boots were the most comfortable boot the Army ever issued at the time, but you could not wear them state side in those days.

PhilD82

New in Town
I had a pair of black Corcoran jump boots a few years back when I was in uni, they're very hard to come by in the UK, and cost a hundred and fifty quid but they were amazing! shone up well, very comfy once they'd broken in, big box toe and had a nice "clomp" when I walked- the only niggles I remember were that the insoles are non-removable, and rucked up, carpet-like over time, and more importantly the soles, though very hard wearing, didn't have much traction- faced with snow, ice or mud they were a menace! I'd still rate them though

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bought a pair two years ago have only worn it once. Like it a lot but not as comfortable as low cut boots.

Blackadder

With such a low price, you now have no excuse not to get a pair.

http://www.workbootsusa.com/come10hilemi.html

BTW, anyone know any online shop that ship outside US? I bought my CORCORAN jump boots in Hong Kong and it costs me USD180. I don't mind paying a small premium considering but some items simply cannot be found here. For example, the site above does not ship to HK. Another example is Frye boots. I can't find Men's Frye boots in HK and Frye does not ship outside US. Of course if the shipping costs is as high as Cockpit USA which actually ships everywhere but charges 25% of the total purchase + USD 20 handling or Boatbay which charges around USD100 for shipping one pair of boots overseas, then I probably won't consider. (Cockpit USA sells CORCORAN jump boots for USD 205 which is already more than what I paid even without the shipping.)

Blackadder

Bought a pair two years ago have only worn it once. Like it a lot but not as comfortable as low cut boots.
Worn mine yesterday, second time since purchase. Comfortable so long as you have some really long socks. Kept scratching my calves as my socks are not long enough. Guess have to find a pair of soccer socks. Have this problem with all my lengthy boots

Renault

One Too Many
Been looking for a simple pair of no nonsense leather high top boots. These would fit the bill. But still concerned about sizing. Do they run 1/2 bigger as did the stuff I was issued? Just hate having to return stuff thru the mail.

Anyone have any further recommendations/advice?

Thx!

ingineer

One Too Many
Renault;
I'm just making an educated guess that you want boots to work and hunt in not as some historical /poser use.
Even as use for parachuting, these were a poor choice and the jumpmasters frowned upon them. The only really good thing about them is the Munson.

The more seasoned jumpers used “Frenchys” Paraboots and considered the boots here as parade boots.
Surprise still made
http://www.chaussure-paraboot.com/fr/armee/86-vol-73-civil-8eme-pstyle-noir.html.

Some suggestions:
160$ Thorogood Boots: Men's 814-4364 American Heritage

http://workingperson.com/thorogood-...html?utm_medium=retargeting&utm_source=criteo

380$ Wesco Jobmasters
http://workingperson.com/brands/wesco-boots.html

But if you can spend that the best is custom
370$ Russell bird shooters
http://www.russellmoccasin.com/russells-bird-shooter/

Alas the Matterhorns I wore are not the same

Just my humble opinions

Richard

Renault

One Too Many
Thanks Richard! Yes looked at most of those. Young son the archaeologist wears and brags on his thorogoods! And you are correct! No jumping for me. The most these boots will get after break in is the occasional 4 or 5 miler. I know Russell's are great too. Coworker wears them.

The part I do not like on most boots these days are the lugged soles. I prefer the flat type sole. Hate having to clean mud out of em. ( although that hasn't been much of an issue here lately). LOL. May just stick with my Iron Rangers. And be satisfied!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo