Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What about earmuffs?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I don't know about you, but my ears get really really cold in the winter and hats just don't help with that problem.

Ugg-Ear-Muffs_007FB16D.jpg

Some get the watch caps yet i like wearing my fedora or 8-piece cap.

I was in Nordstrom's the other day and since they don't have earmuffs in the men's section (it's California too so It's odd that they even had them in the women's) I went tot he women's section and took a gander. Anyway, I haven't bought a pair yet... though I'm thinking about it.

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
I have them, as well. They're probably 3 or 4 years old, I like 'em more than others because of the low profile.

The Uggs look comfy enough, but I'd be wary of whether or not they're distinctly feminine. If they aren't, and it's cold enough where you're from to warrant it, I'd wear 'em.

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I have a set called Ear Bags, that you sort of put your ears into and that stay on all by themselves. They work very well with a fedora as there is no band to get in the way. Lately though, I have been wearing my muskrat fur hat (like the Russian style) as it is too cold here to wear a fedora. It's -33 degrees right now and I walk a mile to and from work.

de Stokesay

barrowjh

One Too Many
I like my earbags - I will probably order more. I have gotten by with only one pair (grey) for more than a year, but will probably go beyond that now, as this winter is shaping up to be something else altogether.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
barrowjh said:
I like my earbags - I will probably order more. I have gotten by with only one pair (grey) for more than a year, but will probably go beyond that now, as this winter is shaping up to be something else altogether.
Where do you order them from? [huh]

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
There was a thread on this topic several years ago. After searching, I guess it got waxed when we had the problem a few months back. that having been said, these were the basic options last time around

For those with the Santa spirit
EAR_MUFF.jpg

A variation of these seemed to be popular. There was a place on-line that sold them. But i can not seem to find it.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.getcreativeshow.com/images/Muggins_Hats/ballcap2.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.getcreativeshow.com/crafting_sewing_conference_center/craft_sewing_seminars/earmuffs.htm&usg=__mP1USPYa45arxs454DAb4M6EM-8=&h=793&w=567&sz=32&hl=en&start=11&um=1&tbnid=29VxCD4H5ZZwTM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dear%2Bmuff%2Bfor%2Bhat%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den

The ones that a friend of mine purchased had a tab that slipped over the sweatband and attached them to the fedora he had.

jpbales

Practically Family
cold ears have been a problem for me too lately. I got a scarf thinking that it would somehow help, but it really doesn't do much unless I hold it over my ears with my hands! I'm considering getting some of those 180s- they simply look less goofy than the ear bags to me- but both are great choices!

Scarf with coat collar pulled up & hat pulled down low with brim snapped down and have at it. I hunt in an Akubra Riverina with a fleece neck gaitor instead of scarf. Can't hear the prey if I totally cover the ears... gtd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran